Tampa man missing - Bedroom lost in sinkhole (1 Viewer)

Bad Joke:

I know Tampa Sucks, but come on...

Reality:

That's just terrible. Horrible way to go, horrible thing to happen to a home as well.

Ok, from now on I'm tying a rope around my waist and to the tree outside my bedroom window.

From now on I am sleeping on the sofa and the wife can have the bedroom!

They have now given up on the search for the body of the man, as they said it was too dangerous :( RIP

man, just how deep do they think this sink hole went. This is truly a horrible story.

Officials have discontinued the rescue effort of Jeff Bush, the man who was swallowed by a large sinkhole that opened beneath a Seffner home late Thursday night.

“It’s not possible to recover the body,” said County Administrator Mike Merrill during a press conference Saturday evening.
Demolition of the house is scheduled to begin tomorrow morning which is important for securing the site, officials said.
Experts are saying the work needs to be done from the perimeter. Some heavy equipment has already made it's way to the sinkhole site.
Bush, 36, who was pulled down into the hole when it developed without warning, is presumed dead. Authorities were limited in their search and recovery efforts because of the threat that the house could collapse into the hole at any time.
The sinkhole currently extends down 50-60 feet and at least one third of the house and interior floor slab has gone into the hole. Officials said the walls are “hanging," and the hole has extended a bit into the backyard.

Engineer Ross McGillivray said the sinkhole will begin to slope and become about the size of the house. McGillivray has been working in Fla. since the 70s and said he's never heard of a sinkhole causing a fatality. :(

scary...

I heard today the house next door is being condemned as well and they have no idea how deep the sinkhole is...

Man....i cant imagine something like that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom