Tampa man missing - Bedroom lost in sinkhole (1 Viewer)

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
Holy cow, what a terrible way to go. One minute you're sleeping, the next, Mother Earth is swallowing you alive.

A Florida man screamed for help and disappeared as a large sinkhole opened under the bedroom of a house, his brother said Friday.
The brother told rescue crews he heard a loud crash near midnight Thursday, then heard his brother screaming.
"When he got there, there was no bedroom left," Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Jessica Damico said.

Read more: Brother tries to save man after massive sinkhole swallows Florida bedroom | Fox News

Brother tries to save man after massive sinkhole swallows Florida bedroom | Fox News

poltergeist-original.jpg

I'm not super religious, but in that moment I probably would assume that I had died and was going to Hell.

What a terrible way to go.

That's awful. Can you imagine sleeping quietly and suddenly you get sucked into the earth?

I might assume it was a dream on some level in the moment

Ok, from now on I'm tying a rope around my waist and to the tree outside my bedroom window.

I can't believe nobody has made the obligatory reference to "Only in Florida" as is done so often.

So I'll do it for you and with good cause. Last line of the story.

The state of Florida has the most sinkholes in the United States.

I work the help desk for the animal rescue group that I volunteer with, and we just got a call that there was a three year old pit-bull in the home of the sink-hole that now needs an immediate home :(

I work the help desk for the animal rescue group that I volunteer with, and we just got a call that there was a three year old pit-bull in the home of the sink-hole that now needs a home :(

Yeah, that must be the dog the story was referring to. Towards the bottom of the story I linked, it said that the house was now condemned and the rest of the family went to a hotel, but that Wheeler stayed behind and slept in the car with her dog. Not sure if it was her house or if she was just another family member living there.

Yeah, that must be the dog the story was referring to. Towards the bottom of the story I linked, it said that the house was now condemned and the rest of the family went to a hotel, but that Wheeler stayed behind and slept in the car with her dog. Not sure if it was her house or if she was just another family member living there.

So sad.. i am trying to spread the word to all the rescues I know to see if anyone can take this poor girl! We only have 3 dog fosters that are all full! :(

I personally welcome our Sinkhole Over(under)lords.

What a horrible way to go though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom