Tampa Opens -4.5 (1 Viewer)

With the exception of Green Bay (who on all sides of the ball were off that first game) these are the juggernaut offenses faced by that vaunted Saints defense this year:

Giants Ranked 29th in the league still scored 27 points
Redskins: Ranked 17th in the league still scored 22 points
Panthers Ranked 21st in the league still scored 26 points
Patriots Ranked 25th in the league
Seahawks with Geno Smith

Saints defense is Ranked 22nd in sacks. They do not get to the QB this year. They did last year, but lost a lot of players such as Hendrickson who was a nightmare last year for Tampa. Hendrickson sacked Brady 3 times last year. Loss of Hendrickson is killing them. He is already at 6.5 sacks this year. He had 13.5 last year.
We are top in the league in pressure fam.

Weren't we missing like 5 or 6 starting defenders in the Carolina game (not even going to mention the coaches that were out)?
Are you serious? Do you know how many defensive players the Bucs have been missing? Their entire secondary.

However, they beat the teams they SHOULD beat (see Dolphins, Bears, Eagles..etc). They don’t use it as an excuse. You, on the other hand, use it as an excuse as to why you laid eggs against Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones.

Are you serious? Do you know how many defensive players the Bucs have been missing? Their entire secondary.

However, they beat the teams they SHOULD beat (see Dolphins, Bears, Eagles..etc). They don’t use it as an excuse. You, on the other hand, use it as an excuse as to why you laid eggs against Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones.
It takes an entire team working in tandem. We have a top rated defense. TB has a top rated offense. We'll find out which one gets the W this weekend. And nothing you can think of to type will convince me that TB has played ANY games this year with the handicap we had against the Panthers...nothing. The Gints game was another story, but we are far from perfect....so is TB.

As you just used the excuse the the packers where “off on all sides of the ball ” to discredit our win against them….

You wrote all of that to say we win anyway.
Seems knowledgeable and I had hopes the new guy would be good contributor to the board, but alas yet another typical troll here to cherry pick posts to try to paint us nonobjective homers. If had to guess, we have a follower of all things Tom Brady.

Seems knowledgeable and I had hopes the new guy would be good contributor to the board, but alas yet another typical troll here to cherry pick posts to try to paint us nonobjective homers. If had to guess, we have a follower of all things Tom Brady.
We are bunch of grown arse losers on a message forum. Like let Let's us be whatever we want. We aren't Saints players Lol

With the exception of Green Bay (who on all sides of the ball were off that first game) these are the juggernaut offenses faced by that vaunted Saints defense this year:

Giants Ranked 29th in the league still scored 27 points
Redskins: Ranked 17th in the league still scored 22 points
Panthers Ranked 21st in the league still scored 26 points
Patriots Ranked 25th in the league
Seahawks with Geno Smith

Saints defense is Ranked 22nd in sacks. They do not get to the QB this year. They did last year, but lost a lot of players such as Hendrickson who was a nightmare last year for Tampa. Hendrickson sacked Brady 3 times last year. Loss of Hendrickson is killing them. He is already at 6.5 sacks this year. He had 13.5 last year.

To be fair they looked like a different unit with Davenport in there. Now we get back Onyemata. I think this will be a different defense than we have seen so far this year.

I have had a change of heart on the game. We don't have any wide receivers but if we pound the ball and the defense slows down the Bucs offense by causing even a few punts and field goals it may be enough to keep it close. Getting back Hill and Harris is gonna be a huge factor. Do we know anything yet about those two?

Come on, divisional games being unpredictable notwithstanding, looking at these two teams objectively, Tampa Bay is going to rout us. Tom Brady has an NFL Pro-Bowl roster of a WR corps and a monstrous defense. We have a collection of JAGs for our Wide Receiving Corpse (spelling intentional). The only offensive weapon we appear to have is AK41. Harris, our only legit deep threat, is injured. I don't know when he's slated to come back but our WRs apparently not only cannot get separation AT ALL, they can't run correct routes and most importantly can't catch passes that hit them directly in both hands. Trautman looks like that awkward kid the teacher forces you to put on your team in school, in order to avoid bullying and ostracism. He's a slow, ineffective, awkward fumble waiting to happen.

We are still not a full strength yet. But our only hope is that our all world defense rattles Tom Brady enough to make this a legit contest. Which seemingly only happens when we are picked to lose. I don't understand this team's psyche sometimes but I am used to the curse of being a Saints fan.

Taysom Hill just checked in, asking when will he be available to come in to disrupt the rhythm at quarterback with an untimely INT, he can't wait and Coach Payton can't wait either.

And as I type this, Peat just got injured between the ALT button and the spacebar, while Armstead and Davenport fight for who has the right to be injured for a long stretch next. They both decided to do it as a team.

Even with all of this, I will be watching, Tampa by 27. Lulz

Let the neg reps fall down on this post like the delusional excuses of Batman fanboys explaining how he could realistically defeat the rest of the Justice League by himself.

(Mod edit: politics)

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY TO BE THIS WRONG!! BLESS YOU BOYS!!

I will eat a whole FEAST OF CROWS!!!

I am literally in tears from joy!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom