Tampa Opens -4.5 (1 Viewer)

If we have Harris and Taysom back, I expect a hard-fought, close game.

I hate that the Bucs basically had a bye against the Bears and we played a knockdown 12 round battle on the west coast on a short week. You don't think the schedulers had that in mind when they set things up, right? Nah...

If we have Harris and Taysom back, I expect a hard-fought, close game.

I hate that the Bucs basically had a bye against the Bears and we played a knockdown 12 round battle on the west coast on a short week. You don't think the schedulers had that in mind when they set things up, right? Nah...
What annoys me about the league schedulers is that they had the Saints playing only 2 home games in their 1st six. Ida forces them to play 1 of those in another stadium effectively giving the Saints only 1 home game in that stretch.

What annoys me about the league schedulers is that they had the Saints playing only 2 home games in their 1st six. Ida forces them to play 1 of those in another stadium effectively giving the Saints only 1 home game in that stretch.
But...the good thing is that means you have a heavy home schedule for the back half of the season for the playoff push.

The bad news however is that we are much better on the road than at home, it seems.

But...the good thing is that means you have a heavy home schedule for the back half of the season for the playoff push.

The bad news however is that we are much better on the road than at home, it seems.
True. IDK about your 2nd statement though since we only have 1 game to judge and that was a game they had no business losing and was a result of CSP's decision blunders.

Come on, divisional games being unpredictable notwithstanding, looking at these two teams objectively, Tampa Bay is going to rout us. Tom Brady has an NFL Pro-Bowl roster of a WR corps and a monstrous defense. We have a collection of JAGs for our Wide Receiving Corpse (spelling intentional). The only offensive weapon we appear to have is AK41. Harris, our only legit deep threat, is injured. I don't know when he's slated to come back but our WRs apparently not only cannot get separation AT ALL, they can't run correct routes and most importantly can't catch passes that hit them directly in both hands. Trautman looks like that awkward kid the teacher forces you to put on your team in school, in order to avoid bullying and ostracism. He's a slow, ineffective, awkward fumble waiting to happen.

We are still not a full strength yet. But our only hope is that our all world defense rattles Tom Brady enough to make this a legit contest. Which seemingly only happens when we are picked to lose. I don't understand this team's psyche sometimes but I am used to the curse of being a Saints fan.

Taysom Hill just checked in, asking when will he be available to come in to disrupt the rhythm at quarterback with an untimely INT, he can't wait and Coach Payton can't wait either.

And as I type this, Peat just got injured between the ALT button and the spacebar, while Armstead and Davenport fight for who has the right to be injured for a long stretch next. They both decided to do it as a team.

Even with all of this, I will be watching, Tampa by 27. Lulz

Let the neg reps fall down on this post like the delusional excuses of Batman fanboys explaining how he could realistically defeat the rest of the Justice League by himself.

(Mod edit: politics)

Last edited:
Our defense is great. BUT, it is even greater against immobile QB’s. Brady is Brady, but I always feel better when we play a QB that can’t run and break down a play, this is going to be a dog fight all the way through.

So yes, Saints +4.5

Circling the date on the calendar just cannot make up for the massive gulf in talent levels between the 2 teams.
Well this we know, Saints have the edge on the defensive side of the ball this year. Just gotta try to control the LOS on offense and TOP

Come on, divisional games being unpredictable notwithstanding, looking at these two teams objectively, Tampa Bay is going to rout us. Tom Brady has an NFL Pro-Bowl roster of a WR corps and a monstrous defense. We have a collection of JAGs for our Wide Receiving Corpse (spelling intentional). The only offensive weapon we appear to have is AK41. Harris, our only legit deep threat, is injured. I don't know when he's slated to come back but our WRs apparently not only cannot get separation AT ALL, they can't run correct routes and most importantly can't catch passes that hit them directly in both hands. Trautman looked like that awkward kid the teacher forces you to put on your team in school, in order to avoid bullying and ostracism. He's a slow, ineffective, awkward fumble waiting to happen.

We are still not a full strength yet. But our only hope is that our all world defense rattles Tom Brady enough to make this a legit contest. Which seemingly only happens when we are picked to lose. I don't understand this team's psyche sometimes but I am used to the curse of being a Saints fan. Taysom Hill just checked in, asking when will he be available to come in to disrupt the rhythm at quarterback with an untimely INT, he can't wait and Coach Payton can't wait either.

And as I type this, Peat just got injured between the ALT button and the spacebar, while Armstead and Davenport fight for who has the right to be injured for a long stretch next. They both decided to do it as a team.

Even with all of this, I will be watching, Tampa by 27. Lulz Let the neg reps rain down upon this post like the excuses for the Jan 6 insurrection by MAGAs.

I am with you here. I predicted a blowout loss a few days ago and I am sticking to that. The Bucs are ready for a super bowl and we can barely score 14 points.

I seriously question whether Winston is the answer at quarterback, but feel it unfair to judge him at this time because Brees never worked with so little talent at the receiver positions.
This is not an attack on you RJ in Lafayette but this sums up the problem with people ever giving Winston a fair shake at QB for the Saints. Winston and no other 1st round pick future QB or current 4th round QB of the future will be Brees.

This organization was lucky enough to have 1 HOF once in a generation QB. I'm hoping we can be lucky enough to duplicate what SF did by having Young follow Montana. We'll never get a chance to find out if every QB that follows Brees is expected to operate the offense at the same caliber that Brees did.

The Brees era is history. No amount of comparing new QB's to Brees is going to turn them into Brees. No amount of undersized heady QB's who we might draft will be Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom