Tampa Opens -4.5 (1 Viewer)

It's New Orleans. It's division. It's late afternoon. But, most importantly, it's Halloween IN New Orleans. It's going to be .... well, is there even a word for how insane it's going to be?

The Saints match up well with Tampa. Lattimore has done well versus Evans. Roby got some playing time this past week to look at Brown. We have Adebo and Garnder Johnson for Godwin. The biggest difference is can Cam Jordan pick up the pass rush and what is the true effect of Oynemata being back. Our D line dominated versus the Bucs last year. On offense Devonte Harris as a deep threat would be huge. The Bucs weak spot is their injured secondary. If Levonte David is still out this would make Kamara a bigger receiving threat. Brady will also be facing a full throat Dome afternoon game for the first time in his tenure in Tampa. Based on Davenport's performance last week I have high hopes for what our D line can do. The Saints also tend to play up in big games and down against weak opponents. If the Saints are not up for this game it would be shocking. This is the team that ended our season last year after we beat them twice. This is the team that shed our starting QB to go on to win the Superbowl without him. We should be hyper motivated and locked in. It is also Halloween in New Orleans and the voodoo will be at max levels. Who Dat!

Our defense is great. BUT, it is even greater against immobile QB’s. Brady is Brady, but I always feel better when we play a QB that can’t run and break down a play, this is going to be a dog fight all the way through.

So yes, Saints +4.5
Brady has been sacked 3 times. Best OL in the league.

Reading this board, a lot of statements are made with not a lot of context.

For instance, everyone keeps saying “our defense is incredible”. “The Bucs can’t handle this defense”. But, let’s be honest. This is the same defense that allowed SAM DARNOLD to throw for 305 yds and 2 TD’s. SAM FREAKING DARNOLD!! Did you watch him last week? He was benched for PJ Walker last week.

This is the same defense that allowed DANIEL JONES to throw for 402 yds and 2 TD’s. DANIEL FREAKING JONES!! The NY Giants.

If you think those guys and their receivers are on the same level as Tom Brady and the Bucs WR corp, you are delusional. That doesn’t even take into account the offensive line.

You have the Saints beating the Seahawks by THREE points with Genò Smith as QB and NO running back.

I read in another thread that the Saints are “well rested” for this matchup. Really? Playing a Monday night game ON THE WEST COAST and then flying home makes you well rested vs a Bucs team that played the Eagles on a Thursday night, had 10 days off, then played a Bears team where they were able to pull their starters early. Sure, they have to “travel” to New Orleans. Maybe an hour flight without even changing times zones.

There is constant talk about beating the Bucs twice in the regular season last year. Ok. I get it. But, let’s look at context. There was NO offseason program due to COVID. The Bucs changed QB and the team had no time to gel. They come out of the gate and played the Saints. The same Saints who had their entire team intact and who had chemistry from years of being together.

The fact of the matter is, once the Bucs built that chemistry, they have been unstoppable. Since the bye last year, they are 14-1. In their last 15 games, they have lost ONE game. A west coast trip to the Rams. By 10 points. They are doing this with backups on defense and numerous offensive players out with injuries. They ran the entire playoffs ON THE ROAD to then win the SB at home.

This week doesn’t really matter. If the Saints win, the narrative is “we own the Bucs and are Super Bowl contenders”. If the Saints lose, the narrative is “regular season doesn’t matter, we beat the Bucs twice in the regular season last year and they still won the SB. We can too”.

That said, I fully expect the Saints to win this game. I honestly do. I wouldn’t be surprised either way but it just feels like the Saints have the Bucs number and it has been that way for a long time.
You wrote all of that to say we win anyway.

Oh really?

I don't have a bookie, but I would love for you to become mine if you're going to give me Saints +24.5.
I was being facetious. I do think it should be higher tho, but not that high.

Do we??? The first outing last year they were still trying to figure out what their team is....we were firing on all cylinders already. This year is the opposite.

I also like our defense but unless they get a pick 6 or two I am just not sure we can put up enough points.
I’m saying we have the better defense of the two teams. That’s factual.

Of course the play of the two offenses can negate that

Reading this board, a lot of statements are made with not a lot of context.

For instance, everyone keeps saying “our defense is incredible”. “The Bucs can’t handle this defense”. But, let’s be honest. This is the same defense that allowed SAM DARNOLD to throw for 305 yds and 2 TD’s. SAM FREAKING DARNOLD!! Did you watch him last week? He was benched for PJ Walker last week.

This is the same defense that allowed DANIEL JONES to throw for 402 yds and 2 TD’s. DANIEL FREAKING JONES!! The NY Giants.

If you think those guys and their receivers are on the same level as Tom Brady and the Bucs WR corp, you are delusional. That doesn’t even take into account the offensive line.

You have the Saints beating the Seahawks by THREE points with Genò Smith as QB and NO running back.

I read in another thread that the Saints are “well rested” for this matchup. Really? Playing a Monday night game ON THE WEST COAST and then flying home makes you well rested vs a Bucs team that played the Eagles on a Thursday night, had 10 days off, then played a Bears team where they were able to pull their starters early. Sure, they have to “travel” to New Orleans. Maybe an hour flight without even changing times zones.

There is constant talk about beating the Bucs twice in the regular season last year. Ok. I get it. But, let’s look at context. There was NO offseason program due to COVID. The Bucs changed QB and the team had no time to gel. They come out of the gate and played the Saints. The same Saints who had their entire team intact and who had chemistry from years of being together.

The fact of the matter is, once the Bucs built that chemistry, they have been unstoppable. Since the bye last year, they are 14-1. In their last 15 games, they have lost ONE game. A west coast trip to the Rams. By 10 points. They are doing this with backups on defense and numerous offensive players out with injuries. They ran the entire playoffs ON THE ROAD to then win the SB at home.

This week doesn’t really matter. If the Saints win, the narrative is “we own the Bucs and are Super Bowl contenders”. If the Saints lose, the narrative is “regular season doesn’t matter, we beat the Bucs twice in the regular season last year and they still won the SB. We can too”.

That said, I fully expect the Saints to win this game. I honestly do. I wouldn’t be surprised either way but it just feels like the Saints have the Bucs number and it has been that way for a long time.
Weren't we missing like 5 or 6 starting defenders in the Carolina game (not even going to mention the coaches that were out)?

Circling the date on the calendar just cannot make up for the massive gulf in talent levels between the 2 teams.
I don´t know about that. There is a massive gulf between offensive talent, but you could argue that New Orleans defense is better than the bucs, and might be the toughest challenge Brady has faced until now. A great defense can stunt Brady and co, even without a good offense on the other side. Just look at the game against the Bears last year.

Tampa's roster is reminiscent of the Harlem Globe Trotters. They are all superstars. When your 3rd receiver is Antonio Brown for crying out loud its beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile at the other end of the spectrum here we are sporting a cast of UDFA's, a banged up O line, and an injury and IR list resembling a MASH unit. I would love to beat them and pull the upset, but right now I am not sure the Saints are there yet
Tampa's backend of their D is pretty banged up, however the Saints do not seem to have the WRs or TEs that are talented enough to exploit that situation. Maybe if they get TH and Harris back, it might help but if they field the same group they fielded Monday night, then I do not expect a win. You're not going to run against that defense.

He's been sacked 9 times and played a bunch of terrible pass rushes
With the exception of Green Bay (who on all sides of the ball were off that first game) these are the juggernaut offenses faced by that vaunted Saints defense this year:

Giants Ranked 29th in the league still scored 27 points
Redskins: Ranked 17th in the league still scored 22 points
Panthers Ranked 21st in the league still scored 26 points
Patriots Ranked 25th in the league
Seahawks with Geno Smith

Saints defense is Ranked 22nd in sacks. They do not get to the QB this year. They did last year, but lost a lot of players such as Hendrickson who was a nightmare last year for Tampa. Hendrickson sacked Brady 3 times last year. Loss of Hendrickson is killing them. He is already at 6.5 sacks this year. He had 13.5 last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom