Tampa Trib: Bucs Are Now Relegated To The Discount Rack (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
"I make only one apology today and that's to our fans. I apologize to them, every one of them. I deserve all the criticism I can take."
Jon Gruden

The Tampa Tribune
Bucs Are Now Relegated To The Discount Rack
Skip directly to the full story.
By JOE HENDERSON
Published: Nov 6, 2006

TAMPA - So, how was the mall Sunday? We heard Macy's had clearance prices on used secondaries.

Or did you just take your dog for a walk, say, midway through the third quarter when it was obvious the Bucs weren't up to the task, yet again, in this increasingly lost season?

You didn't miss much, but you already know that. Chances are you had a lot of company, out and about. Lots of folks were stampeding toward the Raymond James Stadium exits with more than 12 minutes to play. By the end of New Orleans' 31-14 victory, Ray-Jay looked like Tropicana Field with the Royals in town on a Tuesday night in July.

READ MORE
http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBP0SH56UE.html

After 38 years of being a Saints fan, I sympathize with them

This quote seems to be the most scathing:

Look, this team is a mess. They're two plays from being 0-8. A bogus roughing-the-passer penalty against the Bengals set up the winning points there, and Matt Bryant's 62-yard kick from the gods was the margin against Philly. They are 0-4 in division and they have three losses at home.

Makes me feel like I was reading an old local paper.

Last year's division winner is indeed done.

The Bucs are an old team relying on a old defense, Dads. They just arent that team they were under Dungy all those years ago. Tony Dungy made them good, Gruden just was their for the ride in 2002. Gruden took dungy's team to the Super Bowl, and it was Dungy's team.

The Bucs got lucky last year becuase of a relatively weak NFC South, but their days of domination are over.

Yeah, for those of you who don't click the link, let me just say that the sportswriter gets increasingly unstable as he goes on.

He ends with a series of angry, furious one-line entries which make me believe they had to buy him a new keyboard, he was pounding the keys so hard.

"Drew Brees is a good quarterback, but he's not 24-for-32, 314 yards, three touchdowns good."

Um, yes he is. This wasn't the first time he has put up the numbers. Other than that, I pretty much agree with what he wrote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom