Tank for Joe!! LOL. Huh Fellas? (1 Viewer)

Surely no one has said that. My problem is that people are opposed to him simply because he plays for LSU.
I don’t think it’s that. I think it’s that once draft season comes, people start calling for the Saints to draft from LSU, mainly because they’re the local team.

I unashamedly admit that I'm an LSU homer - and by the way a Saints homer as well.
Well some people, particularly in the NOLA area, aren't LSU homers and can make statements and critiques of LSU devoid of homerism.

There’s no denying that LSU is one of the top football factories, but the Saints shouldn’t be obliged to pick a player because they share the same state.
And they shouldn’t ignore him simply because he’s an LSU guy. He’s also an ex Ohio St guy, which Sean seems to like.

I’m an LSU homer so say what you will about that. The biggest thing I see about Burrow is his confidence and his willingness to learn. He was OK last year, he’s progressed by leaps and bounds this year. Sure, it has a lot to do with the system, but he had to learn that system. He’s tough, he’s smart, and is more confident than just about anyone i have ever seen(and he backs it up). He will end up in the league, and I won’t be upset if it’s on the Saints.

And they shouldn’t ignore him simply because he’s an LSU guy. He’s also an ex Ohio St guy, which Sean seems to like.
That's why I posted in the thread that is now on the college board that if he was an Ohio St guy people would be all over him, but since he's now at LSU he is being discounted and dismissed.

LSU’s next game will be interesting. They’ll win by 40. Burrow will throw for 5 TDs and 400 yards. And Utah State’s QB will end up getting drafted before Burrow.

And he won’t be ignored. What I’m saying is that the Saints shouldn’t draft just so people can see LSU to Saints transfer just because it’s all local.

You seem like a big time LSU homer based on this thread.

Promise I’m not. I’m a saints homer. That’s it. Couldn’t even tell ya who the running back in. I know of Burrows and Jordan Jefferson. Or Justin Jefferson. Whichever.

Can we please STOP with these homer posts. The Saints draft the best players available - not based on regional interest. Joe Burrow will not be the best player available even if he is available.
Its not based on regional interest, its based on a former Saints offensive assistant, Joe Brady, got hired and installed the Saints offense at the school and he’ll be the only QB coming out of college that will already have experience in the system and with the terminology, and not only in it but doing it good. If Joe Brady had been hired at ND or Bama and installed the Saints offense there and their QB was doing this good in it, I’d want THAT QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom