Tank for Joe!! LOL. Huh Fellas? (1 Viewer)

Texas pass D is just about the worst in the entire NCAA. #126 out of 130 coming into today.
Yeah, and Ga Southern is right above them at 125. Hmmm, what do they have in common, oh yeah, they both had to play LSU. How much you want to bet that Vandy drops to the same range as them after this weekend and that those teams rankings will improve over the course of the season as they won’t be playing teams that are on the same level as LSU and Joe Burrow?

Yeah, and Ga Southern is right above them at 125. Hmmm, what do they have in common, oh yeah, they both had to play LSU. How much you want to bet that Vandy drops to the same range as them after this weekend and that those teams rankings will improve over the course of the season as they won’t be playing teams that are on the same level as LSU and Joe Burrow?

Hate to break this news, but Vanderbilt came into this weekend at #127. Out of 130. Before the LSU game.

Texas pass D is just about the worst in the entire NCAA. #126 out of 130 coming into today.

Hate to break this news, but Vanderbilt came into this weekend at #127. Out of 130. Before the LSU game.

Where are you getting these rankings? According to NCAA.com Total Defense rankings for LSU's last 3 opponents as of yesterday are as follows: Georgia Southern 85, Texas 96, and Vanderbilt 126.

Are you guys suggesting that Burrow should have done better versus these defenses? Fromm only threw for 156 yards against Vandy week 1, so does that mean he's garbage?

Anyone watching the games can see he's not constantly throwing to wide open receivers; he's making some good throws. He's also making good decisions. He's doing exactly what he should be doing, beating inferior opponents badly.

643CE7C1-F79F-4F9F-9F9C-08E1C1D7945F.jpeg
4CAE6EAE-6304-43F2-8B63-AA35E9DF8A42.jpeg
401C3050-A1DA-40C0-AE5E-001CEF94C4B0.jpeg

Last edited:
I tend to agree. However if Payton doesn’t take 1 in round 1 then that tells me Payton believes in Hill.

That’d be a dumb gamble because if Hill doesn’t work out, you don’t get a do-over. The 2021 QB class isn’t nearly as good. Take a QB in the draft and have a competition.

Where are people getting these rankings? According to NCAA.com Total Defense rankings for LSU's last 3 opponents as of yesterday are as follows: Georgia Southern 85, Texas 96, and Vanderbilt 126.

You can sort by Passing Defense.

You can sort by Passing Defense.

Gotcha. Those are the correct Passing Yards Allowed rankings on NCAA.com. The fact still remains that Fromm only threw for 156 yards against Vandy, so I still have the same question, is he therefore garbage?

Based on what? Yards after a catch. Troy QBs have been posting massive numbers for the last fifteen years and only one QB has been drafted. Great start: Yes. But Texas might have been the best defense they've faced and that's not much better than many.
Accuracy. Ball placement. Defensive reads. Pocket movement and presence.

Gotcha. Those are the correct Passing Yards Allowed rankings on NCAA.com. The fact still remains that Fromm only threw for 156 yards against Vandy, so I still have the same question, is he therefore garbage?

Of course not. It does show how feeble Vandy is though. They gave up 156 yards passing to Georgia and still somehow managed to be ranked 127th in pass yards allowed (I’m sure they’ll be 130th when the stats include the LSU game).

I think Burrow is a great prospect. Is he going to be a first round pick? Won’t know til he gets tested and he hasn’t been tested yet this year. And the NFL is a different beast. This time last year who was thinking Daniel Jones was going to be a top 10 pick while Will Grier would be a 3rd rounder?

Of course not. It does show how feeble Vandy is though. They gave up 156 yards passing to Georgia and still somehow managed to be ranked 127th in pass yards allowed (I’m sure they’ll be 130th when the stats include the LSU game).

I think Burrow is a great prospect. Is he going to be a first round pick? Won’t know til he gets tested and he hasn’t been tested yet this year. And the NFL is a different beast. This time last year who was thinking Daniel Jones was going to be a top 10 pick while Will Grier would be a 3rd rounder?

They gave up over 500 passing yards to Purdue. Pretty sure that's the game that pulled the rug out from under their pass defense ranking.

I agree with your other statements, it's too early to tell if he's a first rounder. If Burrow keeps it up, I think his ceiling may be 3rd QB taken as long as Herbert stays healthy and plays well.

Last edited:
I’m not a LSU fan but I am a fan of good football. Right now LSU has one of the strongest teams I’ve ever seen. Of course their season hangs on them beating Bama. If I was betting on the game I would pick the Tigers.

I’m not a LSU fan but I am a fan of good football. Right now LSU has one of the strongest teams I’ve ever seen. Of course their season hangs on them beating Bama. If I was betting on the game I would pick the Tigers.
They really haven't played anybody yet Texas is overrated and probably wont even be in the top 15 when the season ends. Dislike me if you want but it's the truth. But bama hasn't either

Just like some are quick to say people think the Saints should take Burrow just because he's local...the opposite is happening. People are disdaining him just because he's on a team they don't like. It's really petty and stupid.

I mean, what more could you want him to do? He's making great throws. He went from barely looking like a competent Division I QB to making extremely skilled throws at all levels of the field.

I knew something was special with this season when he had the late throw where he stepped up in the pocket and hit Jordan Jefferson right on the money to let him get a TD out of it. Yeah, his WRs are insane too. But I mean, he's making it look easy at times and when he needs to thread the needle, he's also doing so.

Yes. I'm a homer. I also still don't really care for Ed Orgeron as head coach...but this is the offense I've always dreamed of LSU having. And Burrow is doing everything right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom