Tank for Joe!! LOL. Huh Fellas? (1 Viewer)

Sorry, but I'd take Sam Ehlinger everyday, all day, over Burrow. I mean look at what Payton has done w/Taysom. Imagine what he could/would do w/Ehlinger.

ESPN has Ehlinger's 40 time as 4.83, so he's nowhere near as fast as Hill. I don't watch Texas much, does he run people over or is he elusive even though he's not as fast?

11CD452F-ECD9-4BD0-B590-6352DBD326BF.jpeg

Ok they were run 1st last yr. This still doesn't take away from my point that very few if anyone expected him to be able to perform like he's doing now

Are you saying that LSU fans didn't think he had the ability to play like this? Also, based on the stats, it doesn't appear that Ehlinger was way better than Burrow last year; it just looks like he got more attempts. He did have less interceptions per attempt, but I'd also argue that he played against more inferior defenses in the Big 12 the Burrow played in the SEC.

They really haven't played anybody yet Texas is overrated and probably wont even be in the top 15 when the season ends. Dislike me if you want but it's the truth. But bama hasn't either

At this point in the season, LSU and Texas are among the teams that have “played somebody” in facing off against each other.
Seeing a fair bit of “ he hasn’t played anyone yet”, to be fair which college QB has so far this year ?
Thats the problem with college imho , except for two or three games per year most of the big teams don’t play anyone really of worth
All you can do is try to beat what’s in front of you and try to look good doing it, so far he has

Right. And LSU beating Texas on the road is a really quality out of conference win. Burrow was nothing short of spectacular in that game. Ehlinger was great, too.

I’ve seen enough teams and players playing down to the competition, to appreciate that this LSU offense is taking care of business regardless of opponent, and that starts with coaching and the play of Burrow. Too early to establish his draft stock, and LSU’s road gets a lot tougher, but he’s showing off the skills you want to see in a QB and I’d be more surprised if his play regressed significantly at this point. He’s simply playing outstanding football.

Sorry, but I'd take Sam Ehlinger everyday, all day, over Burrow. I mean look at what Payton has done w/Taysom. Imagine what he could/would do w/Ehlinger.
If we're talking the duel threat guy as the future, then I'd want Justin Fields from Ohio State. Physically speaking, he's probably the most elite quarterback in the country after Trevor Lawrence.

It all boils down to who Payton likes ultimately. I feel like this is the year we go for a QB early. Unless he truly thinks Hill is the next Steve Young and our QB is in the building.

Had KC not jumped us, our QB would be Mahommes right now.

With that being said, Burrow, Tua, or whomever is available and on the Saints board will be the guy. It's always best player available with us in the draft.

Imagine having a QB come in on his rookie year already knowing the play calls and how to run Sean's Tempo.
You bring him in and you make small changes based on what he likes, but you don't change the system.

Anyone else, you are completely changing the offense to compensate for the learning curve.

I'm not delusional, I know he's not going to come in and put up Brees numbers and I know he's going to make mistakes, but he would immediately come in and feel confident playing in a system he's been running all year.

Right now though...Sean is really, really high on Teddy. Not sure what the internal plan is, but Sean is at least saying to the media that Teddy is his guy.

TheAthletic has their Heisman rankings out today. Hurts is #1, Burrow 2 and Tua 3. J’Marr Chase entered the rankings at 7. The Texas QB isn’t ranked. I think Fromme is 4.

TheAthletic has their Heisman rankings out today. Hurts is #1, Burrow 2 and Tua 3. J’Marr Chase entered the rankings at 7. The Texas QB isn’t ranked. I think Fromme is 4.

So you're telling me that Burrow will be a first round pick and we have no chance at him. Got it.

It’s early. He can go on a suck streak which drops him down to the Saints at 32.

Burrow looks really good....honestly I would have laughed at you last year, because he barely looked like an upgrade over Danny Etling for most of the season, but he got better near the end and this season he's killing it

The NFL is a totally different game, though. Drew isn't the strong armed gunslinger either, though. I don't know if I'd trade way up for him, I don't think he's a generational talent like Mahomes, but if he was sitting there at the end of the 1st round I may consider it....I would like to see what he does against real defenses, though. In some of these games, he's barely gotten his jersey dirty. I think we'll know a lot more against real good defensive lines like Florida and Auburn....

I felt like this was coming, but the scheme has really facilitated a monster year for him. You saw the accurate throws, but sometimes the receivers were looking inside and Joe was outside or the timing was off just a tad on a deeper route. The WRs dropped a ton, too. I just really felt good about him if he got a full off-season with the entire WR group instead of just Jets. He's a next level leader and a film room junkie and IMO, that's his edge.

From The Athletic this week:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom