NFL Tannehill signs extension with Tennesee (1 Viewer)

Completed 36 passes in 3 playoff games... Woah... That's bad.

And you guys say Teddys not getting 20 or 25 million yeah ok lol
Teddy will get paid, but Tannehill led the league last year in QB rating (117.5), yards per attempt (9.6), adjusted yards per attempt (10.2), yards per completion (13.6) and was 3rd in completion % (70.3; .1 out of 2nd place).

His glamour stats (yards, TD’s, ect) were low because as previously stated, he only played in 12 games and only started 10.

Last edited:
Teddy will get paid, but Tannehill led the league last year in QB rating (117.5), yards per attempt (9.6), adjusted yards per attempt (10.2), yards per completion (13.6) and was 3rd in completion % (70.3; .1 out of 2nd place).

His glamour stats (yards, TD’s, ect) we low because as previously stated, he only played in 12 games and only started 10.
HIs per game stats aren't so hot. 27th in yards per game. It's a lot aof smoke and mirrors. Take away the running game and he'll crumble.

HIs per game stats aren't so hot. 27th in yards per game. It's a lot aof smoke and mirrors. Take away the running game and he'll crumble.
I mean I can’t knock a guy for only doing what the team is asking him to do. The same reason it’d be ignorant to blame Murray for the lack of carries he’s getting or how people use to blame Ingram for his low YPC during his first two and a half years when the team was largely only using him as a short-yardage and goal line back.

They’re only asking Tannehill to hand the ball to Henry and not screw up too bad otherwise, something Mariota couldn’t manage. And as a result, it worked well enough to almost obtain a Super Bowl berth. I can’t fault Tannehill for that. Now I do agree they paid pretty steep on his price but oh well, that’s their money. They can have at it.

A few thoughts:

1. Brees is doing us an enormous favor by not demanding top $.

2. Taysom is almost certainly going to command a ton of $.

3. Unless Taysom is willing to take a lot less than starting QB $, we really need to explore finding a QB in the draft.

A few thoughts:

3. Unless Taysom is willing to take a lot less than starting QB $, we really need to explore finding a QB in the draft.

Absolutely agreed on #1. I think Taysom is gonna fetch us a #1 pick this year.

Drafting a QB every 4 or 5 years may soon be the way to go... if it isn't already.

A few thoughts:

1) Drew has never given us a discount, so I guess he'll only ask for 20-25 mil.

2)Taysom is not signing a QB contract at this point, he'll get paid for what he's done so far. I'm thinking around 5 per yer with qb incentives (2-3 yrs). Things will get complicated when Drew retires but I don't think he's going to press the issue at this point.

2) No matter what we are probably going to draft someone in the 1-4 range at QB in the next couple of years.

His glamour stats (yards, TD’s, ect) were low because as previously stated, he only played in 12 games and only started 10.
I didn’t say Teddy was going to get Tannehill money I said 20-25 million he’s a safe bet to give you 4,000 yards 30 -35 TDs in the right situation and not lose you games plus all he does is win!!!

listen I likeTeddy but not a big fan as others never thought he was the future and was more ready forTaysom then him after Brees went done but dudes a gamer and will be paid

He had a solid year last year no doubt about it, but he’s definitely overpaid imo they will regret it later when they’ll have to extend keys players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom