Tavon Austin 4.25... (1 Viewer)

The OU game is what put Tavon Austin on the map he was going up and down the field running all over OU's defense ironically they still lost the game it was a fantastic game all the way to the last second. If anyone hasn't watched it you should.

OU vs West Virginia 2012 - YouTube

Actually LSU the year before was the first time a lot of us saw him. He was great and had it not been for Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne that would have been an L.

Saints activate ex-Comet Hakim to active roster
09.hakim.saalim.mug.jpg
NEW ORLEANS
(12-20-2012) -- Saalim Hakim, who caught 31 passes for Palomar's nationally-ranked 2008 and 2009 teams, was activated by the New Orleans Saints to their active roster Wednesday.
On Thursday, the Saints listed Hakim as third on their depth chart at one of their wide receiver positions going into Sunday's noon (CST) game with the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium.
Hakim, who was timed by NFL scouts in 4.23 for 40 yards, never played football before enrolling at Palomar as a true freshman in 2008. He was a soccer player at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
He was a receiver on the 2008 Palomar team that went 8-3 and was ranked No. 17 in the nation by the J.C. Grid-Wire of Kirkland, WA and the 2009 Comet squad that was 10-3, advanced to the Southern California championship game and was ranked No. 8 nationally by the Grid-Wire.
After catching 28 passes for 379 yards and six touchdowns for the Comets in 2009, Hakim played one season at Tarleton State.
He was a member of the Cowboys' practice squad ealier this season, then was a member of the St. Louis Rams' practice squad. The Saints signed him to their practice squad on Dec. 6 prior to activating him on Wednesday.
Hakim's brother, Az-Zahir Hakim, played in the NFL for the Rams, Detroit Lions, Saints, Miami Dolphins and San Diego Chargers. Hakim's cousin, Scottie Anderson, played for the Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Saints already got Austin speed on the roster, Hakim is faster.​

I know, I feel the same way. I also liked Woods' performance today. He was better than I expected, looks fully healed from his ankle injury, and probably earned himself some money today.

Woods reminds me og Reggie Wayne...just a good all around WR.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having a really hard time remembering any 5'8-5'9" speedster WRs doing well in recent NFL history. Steve Smith is 5'9 and a 4.4 guy but he also is extremely physical.

When I think of 5'8 speedsters I think of guys like Sinorice Moss.

That alone scares me. I do think Austin can be a beast in the NFL both returning kicks and as a WR but if he was 2" taller he'd be a top 10 pick.
Lance moore 5'9" and 1/4

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine/_/id/8941/lance-moore

ask, the former gm of detroit, and former announcer everyone loved to hate on about taking wr's in the first round....

tavon is the best player ive seen at wvu.....ever!
we've had some great ones but he's special.
best PLAYER in the draft on offense imo

ask, the former gm of detroit, and former announcer everyone loved to hate on about taking wr's in the first round....

I dont think anyone expects Austin to go in the 1st.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, I'd also put him in the mid 2nd round. Wouldn't be the worst 1st round pick but you wouldn't be excited about it either.

I'd give a top 10 pick for Steve Smith if he was in the draft and not look back but he has a physical attitude that makes most 6'4" receivers look timid and that isn't Austin.

So if we wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for the best player out of dozens with his size/speed then why give up a 1st for Austin.

Another poster mentioned Brees, Sproles and Wilson. They are the exception out of hundreds of similar sized players. Austin may be that exception but I wouldn't gamble a first round pick on those odds.

At worst he is a great return man and an occasional deep threat.

I disagree. I think football is a game of quickness more then speed, and his is elite. Plus he has the downfield speed. I see a football player to go along with all his impressive attributes. In short area space and motion routes, he would be almost impossible to cover. He has natural hands. I see a future all pro in this kid. No Brainer to me, 1st round grade and worth every bit the price. Not saying for us. Although I think we need to infuse some talent in the WR position. We are well enough to not pick 15 at this position. If we didnt have the obvious needs we do have I would be crushing at this kid at 15. He will be the 1st WR off the boards.

Actually LSU the year before was the first time a lot of us saw him. He was great and had it not been for Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne that would have been an L.

Yep, he had something like 170 yards receiving on a bunch of catches.

We were having a lot of trouble covering him, from what I can remember.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom