Tavon Austin 4.25... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sheez...

I knew Austin was quick and shifty but I had no idea he was a 4.2 guy. You know some guys are more "quick" than "fast"... with this 40 he'll definitely go in the 1st round.

At 5'9, 174, I still think he is a second rounder. Bill Polian said that teams are concerned about his size. That said, I am upset we don't have a second round pick as I have a huge man-crush on Austin and would like him on this team. I also like DeAndre Hopkins but Austin would be great on this team! And in a year or two, he replaces Sproles.

Austin the Percy Harvin without headaches, I'll love to draft him Payton would do wonders with him.

His 2nd run was 4.29, but he had a 1.43 split. Good Lawd! That 1st 10 yards was 1.43. That's QUICK!

*** Edit I'm sorry that was Goodwin's time (4.29 / 1.43 split). But they both are super-quick.

I'm having a really hard time remembering any 5'8-5'9" speedster WRs doing well in recent NFL history. Steve Smith is 5'9 and a 4.4 guy but he also is extremely physical.

When I think of 5'8 speedsters I think of guys like Sinorice Moss.

That alone scares me. I do think Austin can be a beast in the NFL both returning kicks and as a WR but if he was 2" taller he'd be a top 10 pick.

Austin now a sure 1st rounder. I wouldn't cuss if we took him at 15.

I wouldn't cuss but I just do not see him in the first. Another solid receiver is Markus Wheaton. He reminds me of Mike Wallace. Hopkins reminds me of Roddy White. And then there is Da'Rick Rogers.

I'm having a really hard time remembering any 5'8-5'9" speedster WRs doing well in recent NFL history. Steve Smith is 5'9 and a 4.4 guy but he also is extremely physical.

That alone scares me. I do think Austin can be a beast in the NFL both returning kicks and as a WR but if he was 2" taller he'd be a top 10 pick.

Same things were said about Darren Sproles, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, etc.

Lance Moore is a 5'9 too. That said, I don't think Austin will ever be a go-to WR but he can be instant offense and Sproles eventual replacement. He's a guy whose combo yards in the right system can be really impressive. Give him 8-10 touches as a receiver, returner, and runner and he will do damage!

I feel ya on that. It also has alot to do with how a team uses the player. Wes Welker would have probably become an insurance salesman if he hadn't gotten traded to NE. NE used him perfectly in their system.

Desean Jaskson... while he is/was nice in Philly's system would be on another planet in "the right" system. I see the same thing when I look at Austin and the Goodwin kid from texas. Put them in the right situation and teams would have to dedicate a day to gameplan specifically for them because the threat that they pose would be too much.

If you take a guy like those 2 and stick them outside and ask them to run "Go" routes all day, then that's a waste of a draft pick. They have to be inside in the slot and coming out of the backfield to open things up for either themselves or others.

Now I don't think there's a snowball's chance for the Saints to take either of them. My point is that these guys have abilities that would be wasted if they go to a team that doesn't know how to maximize their gift of speed and quickness.

I was thinking DeSean Jackson, but I just googled him Nd found that he's 5'10".

Let's review...

Tavon Austin 2012 stats: 114 rec, 1289 yds, 12 tds. 72 carries, 680 yds (8.9 ypc), 3 tds. 1 punt return td, 1 kick return td.

His production stands out more than his time.

Let's review...

Tavon Austin 2012 stats: 114 rec, 1289 yds, 12 tds. 72 carries, 680 yds (8.9 ypc), 3 tds. 1 punt return td, 1 kick return td.

His production stands out more than his time.

Yes, he's a true talent. Goodwin is pure speed, Tavon Austin is pure talentand speed!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom