Tavon Austin at 15 (1 Viewer)

Not at 15. If we take Austin it is going to be because we traded for a lower 1st or traded back into the 1st. I hope it's not the latter.

would be quite upset if we picked him at 15. first of all i dont want to spend our first rounder on offense unless its one of the 3 top OTs and secondly a slot receiver just doesnt have first round value imo.

no, but sproles ran a 4.4 and is proven in the nfl. nfl speed > combine speed. not disagreeing with you, but the sproles point is valid.

Weeeelllllllll a 4.48 but I'm not nitpicking. I love sproles. When he's runnin it looks like an old scooby doo cartoon when shaggy takes off and his legs are just goin in circles

I'm never against adding elite talent with gamebreaking speed, to either side of the ball. For this reason, I love our strategy of taking BPA. Outside of Joe Morgan, our offense lacks a burner, which has always been a need in Payton's offense. Can never have enough playmakers: finding ways to get everyone the ball is one of those "good problems to have" as Coach would say.

Regardless of what the consensus smart pick is, Loomis and Co. always surprise. The Sedrick Ellis selection was widely regarded as a slam dunk and his career... speaks for itself. The Meachem selectipn was received with shock and awe; all he did was become the best deep threat Brees has ever had.

I ultimately trust our staff to take the best player on the board, period.

If WR is the pick, I would much rather Patterson. He has the size and speed to develop into a #1 WR.

I like Austin over Patterson. Physically Patterson is as gifted as they come...but he is a poor route runner and dropped a whole bunch of catchable balls. Some have said he has a very low FB IQ. I just dont think he will ever realize his potential. Not good for our playbook.

But i agree, Austin would make sproles expendable.

With that said i dont want either at 15.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If Mingo, Jordan, and Jones are gone. I dont think we want Ansah. What should we do. That might actually lead to Tavon being The BPA. Whomever gets him is gaetting a straight up BEAST. IMO:gosaints:

I would not take Austin at 15, but he becomes a possibility if we trade down. I don't know if we can count on more than another season from Sproles with his playing at a high level.

BPA period.... let it be Mingo or Tavon Austin. We need a playmaker with our first pick, regardless if he's a WR/LB/S/etc.

If we take a wr at 15 which I don't think we should I really hope it's cordarelle Patterson, he is the only one worth it, dude looks like the next Andre Johnson, 6"3 220 runs a 4.42 and catches with his hands, also played rb for Tennessee so he is strong

This.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom