Tax-Returns (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Anyone file their taxes yet? I heard about the delay because of Congress but does anyone have an update. Nobody knows here at work and i work at an accounting office for the government.

Anyone file their taxes yet? I heard about the delay because of Congress but does anyone have an update. Nobody knows here at work and i work at an accounting office for the government.

Don't have W-2 yet.

i won't have W-2's untill the first week of feb, then i have to wait for my 10-99 from my morgage company. So no, i don't expect to file untill mid to late Feb at the earliest.

Just got my W-2 today. I'm excited.

The AMT can kiss my @#%

Yeah that is the going thought on that idea. AMT is only one of many reasons to pay close attn to this upcoming presidential election. After listening to the AICPA lobbyist in Washington DC...to sum it up, the Democrats wont let the AMT die. Bush keeps vetoing bills because they keep sneaking in AMT "non-solutions" and that us Accountants need to say our prayers if a Democrat gets the White House, cause AMT will be here to stay.

You wont see AMT going away anytime soon. The Gov just cant afford to lose all that money. They keep trying to fix it, but they dont understand that it needs a total overhaul.

BTW, the IRS might not accept any tax returns until every form is released, even if your tax return does not use the specicific form thats not yet released. They were considering reverting back to the old way, but as of last week they did not.

You wont see AMT going away anytime soon. The Gov just cant afford to lose all that money. They keep trying to fix it, but they dont understand that it needs a total overhaul.

BTW, the IRS might not accept any tax returns until every form is released, even if your tax return does not use the specicific form thats not yet released. They were considering reverting back to the old way, but as of last week they did not.

TurboTax Estimator has the new law factor in.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tool...epThis=true&TB_calc=true&height=572&width=615

Use this planning tool to figure out how much of a refund you'll get (or how much you'll owe) with your 2007 or 2008 tax returns.

To make sure that the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) doesn't catch you by surprise, the AMT calculation is part of this tool. This calculator includes the changes to AMT exemption amounts for 2007 signed into law on December 27, 2007. The same exemption amounts are used for 2008 tax estimates, even though these amounts are not yet set for 2008.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom