Taxes for ParknFly (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
7 days parking at the Parknfly lot at the MSY airport. $81.75.

Taxes: $27.17.

Thanks.

***edit***

Airfare: $179.26

Airfare taxes: $139.14

By the way, that is two roundtrip tickets from nola to denver. At least I got a sweet deal on tickets. Though it is about 40 bucks extra for a checked bag. One small carry on included. I don't think Frontier hands out complimentary peanuts so kinda bummed about that.

Thanks.
Just wait til you see the New Terminal.

It's on fleek.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You know how you fund the construction, maintenance and operations of a giant, multi-billion dollar facility in a swamp?

Taxes.

That said, they really ought to just charge one price and hide the details from you on the receipt so the "I could build that parking spot for $500 on the weekend" would be spared the shock of the realization that MSY and the city don't exist simply to provide parking for customers of the airport.

You know how you fund the construction, maintenance and operations of a giant, multi-billion dollar facility in a swamp?

Taxes.

That said, they really ought to just charge one price and hide the details from you on the receipt so the "I could build that parking spot for $500 on the weekend" would be spared the shock of the realization that MSY and the city don't exist simply to provide parking for customers of the airport.

That's how they get you to park there. Seven days in the long term lot on airport property would be $15 per day or $105 for seven days. Apparently less than he paid to park across the street and catch a shuttle.

Thanks.

***edit***

Airfare: $179.26

Airfare taxes: $139.14

By the way, that is two roundtrip tickets from nola to denver. At least I got a sweet deal on tickets. Though it is about 40 bucks extra for a checked bag. One small carry on included. I don't think Frontier hands out complimentary peanuts so kinda bummed about that.

I took the same exact trip last week. Nola to Denver round trip. Booked through SWA 14 days out, got round trip for $260 nonstop, included two carry on, 2 checked bags free. Frontier is about $247 round trip but then they hammer you with luggage fees. Parked at Hilton, went online and found a discount code and parked for $6.50 a night with free shuttle across the street to the airport. No taxes on the parking since I booked it online and the property is not located on the airport. I did upgrade to priority boarding for $15 each way to make sure I got a window sleep, I mean seat.

If you are booking a few weeks out you can score some pretty cheap seats on United as well. I have a United Visa which gets me some perks like free checked bag and priority seating upgrade but United tends to book up a little quicker and gets much more expensive closer to the departure date.

Also, if you are renting a car in Denver, the airport locations can get really expensive in the peak ski season. However, there is an Enterprise Rental Car located in the Holiday Inn on Tower Rd just a few miles from the airport. They also have a free shuttle (picks up at East Terminal only). You can book online from Enterprise for much cheaper there and you can buy a double upgrade coupon on ebay for $2.99 and get out with a nice car really cheap. This time I had a Toyota Sequoia 4wd and it cost me about $40/day after taxes and all.

Occasionally though, you can use the priceline app and use the express deal under rental cars and get really stupid low prices but it's hit or miss during peak ski season.

When it comes to hotels, you can get some crazy good deals on priceline express. Just remember to select options with free parking. Many downtown hotels have learned they can do $50 rooms then hammer you with $40 parking.

If you aren't wanting to stay downtown, the Renaissance Hotel in Stapleton is really nice with outstanding staff and they almost always run a 3.5 star express deal in Stapleton for $63/night and you will get the Renaissance.

If you are looking for South of the city towards the Centennial/tech center area the Hyatt Place Tech Center has some of the nicest rooms I've ever seen for non suites. Call them up, ask them for the medical use rate and it's usually about $80 a night but the rooms are just amazing.

Hope that helps. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom