Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) RIP (1 Viewer)

In a hotel room in Bogota.

I know he has had some hard drug issues in the past.
Dude, as someone who is of Colombian blood, these kinds of generalizations don't help with dealing with stigmas I've encountered for much of my life as we don't know a cause of death yet...

Last edited:
Dude, as someone who is of Colombian blood, these kinds of generalizations don't help with dealing with stigmas I've encountered for much of my life as we don't know a cause of death yet...

Sorry I didn’t mean to make that kind of stereotyping. Apologies.

He was in a hotel room on tour. He has had a history of hard drug use, a heroin OD put him in a coma in 2001. A rock star with a former heroin problem found in hotel room on tour is often where it ends up tragically.

It just happened to be Bogota. International rock stars can get drugs anywhere - I don’t for a second think that somehow being in Bogota had any relevance, that’s just where it happened to be.

Sorry I didn’t mean to make that kind of stereotyping. Apologies.

He was in a hotel room on tour. He has had a history of hard drug use, a heroin OD put him in a coma in 2001. A rock star with a former heroin problem found in hotel room on tour is often where it ends up tragically.

It just happened to be Bogota. International rock stars can get drugs anywhere - I don’t for a second think that somehow being in Bogota had any relevance, that’s just where it happened to be.
I appreciate it and by knowing the quality of person you are by what you post about in general, I don't think that you were trying to prove causation since he was in Bogota nor that you were like 'Colombia bad!'. I kinda saw a little bit of red after having dealt with the stuff I've dealt with as a person growing up as a Colombian-American in this country in the 80's-90's when the Narco war was going on. And yes drugs can be obtained anywhere...

Last edited:
I appreciate it and by knowing the quality of person you are by what you post about in general, I don't think that you were trying to prove causation since he was in Bogota nor that you were like 'Colombia bad!'. I kinda saw a little bit of red after having dealt with the stuff I've dealt with as a person growing up as a Colombian-American in this country in the 80's-90's when the Narco war was going on. And yes drugs can be obtained anywhere...

Mexicans: "hold my beer".

Bruh….even after a full night’s sleep I still can’t process this. One of my favorite bands and Taylor was so completely full of life/energy.

Gutted for his wife and children.

Also very worried about Dave, this has to be bringing up some bad, bad memories right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom