Taysom and Alvin in the single wing? (1 Viewer)

I think it would present a lot of trouble for opposing defenses. Who would they key on? It would definitely present some problems until the DC could figure it out.

Hopefully, the current QB situation can be used to inspire all kinds of creativity. Necessity is the mother of invention. We have the perfect coach for it, and the perfect backfield for it with Bridgewater, Hill, Kamara, and Murray.

Reviving historical models is one way. The single wing, the wildcat, etc.

But I would also like to see some crazy new innovation. The 2-QB formation, with both Bridgewater and Hill in the backfield, one getting the snap and the other running a route. Or the 0-QB formation, with both Hill and Kamara in the slot, and one running behind center (in motion or not) right before the play clock hits zero.

Who knows what Payton can come up with! I hope he sees this as an opportunity rather than a calamity.

Hopefully, the current QB situation can be used to inspire all kinds of creativity. Necessity is the mother of invention. We have the perfect coach for it, and the perfect backfield for it with Bridgewater, Hill, Kamara, and Murray.

Reviving historical models is one way. The single wing, the wildcat, etc.

But I would also like to see some crazy new innovation. The 2-QB formation, with both Bridgewater and Hill in the backfield, one getting the snap and the other running a route. Or the 0-QB formation, with both Hill and Kamara in the slot, and one running behind center (in motion or not) right before the play clock hits zero.

Who knows what Payton can come up with! I hope he sees this as an opportunity rather than a calamity.

I don't think we could ask for a better coach to handle this situation. SP isn't afraid to think outside of the box. He can think way outside the box, sometimes to his detriment.

SP is a competitor and he's going to see this as a challenge. In a lot of ways the pressure has been taken away. Nobody is expecting much from the Saints anymore without Drew. So now SP find himself in a situation where he gets to try anything he wants. He has one throwing QB. He has one running QB. He has one of the best RBs in the league. SP might remind everyone that he was the original young, hotshot offensive mastermind.

Back in early 80's South Natchez High School ran the Notre Dame Box offense. That was easily the coolest most entertaining offense I have ever seen in my life. That year they played North Natchez High School with Hugh Green (later All-Pro with Tampa), They were #1 and #2 in state. Best High School game ever!

Didn’t Parcells teach Payton the Single Wing recently to use when he was coaching his son’s pee wee football team?

Maybe I’m remembering that incorrectly.

I don't think we could ask for a better coach to handle this situation. SP isn't afraid to think outside of the box. He can think way outside the box, sometimes to his detriment.

SP is a competitor and he's going to see this as a challenge. In a lot of ways the pressure has been taken away. Nobody is expecting much from the Saints anymore without Drew. So now SP find himself in a situation where he gets to try anything he wants. He has one throwing QB. He has one running QB. He has one of the best RBs in the league. SP might remind everyone that he was the original young, hotshot offensive mastermind.
I think there will also be a huge drive in him to prove that their success is his scheme and not just that Drew is running it.

In sandlot games when I was a kid we only had two plays - (1) Everyone Go Out and (2) Kill the Guy with the Ball. Make it happen, Payton.

Sicily Island High School ran it for years until they gave up Football. I heard a few years back that the school wanted to restart Football and run the Single Wing again. They have gone to the playoffs several times since then.

pruitt1997

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom