Taysom could take a cue from Tebow (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think he'd make a hell of a TE

Speed , Power

And knows the playbook front to back .

All the potential in the world to be a QBs security blanket.

Jameis and Taysom don't need to be at odds , time much better spent getting Taysom acclimated to TE and Jameis getting comfortable with the offense.

We simply have more firepower with Taysom at TE.

100% agree

He's already invested in being a good blocker, and I think he'd only get better if we would just officially transition him over to H-back/TE/WR.

He's a nightmare to cover. He's learned to catch the ball.

You can still do the QB option plays, especially in short yardage.

I think he'd make a hell of a TE

Speed , Power

And knows the playbook front to back .

All the potential in the world to be a QBs security blanket.

Jameis and Taysom don't need to be at odds , time much better spent getting Taysom acclimated to TE and Jameis getting comfortable with the offense.

We simply have more firepower with Taysom at TE.

What do you think he’s been doing. Taysom plays every and any position Coach tells him to play. Tebow was told FOR YEARS that he should play RB or TE and he put his head in the sand and continued to be a mediocre to bad QB.

What do you think he’s been doing. Taysom plays every and any position Coach tells him to play. Tebow was told FOR YEARS that he should play RB or TE and he put his head in the sand and continued to be a mediocre to bad QB.

This. OP has it backwards. Tebow was stubborn as hell and wasted the prime of his career because he thought he was actually a quarterback. Taysom doesn't need to take ANY cues from Tebow. Taysom is probably the only reason that Tebow has a shot at a job in the NFL right now.

I'm talking a more permanent position

He's got a shot at competing for a starting quarterback job in the NFL. Let him focus on that, and if he loses, then maybe take that stance. But I still think there is value in him being a back-up QB and jack of all trades. No need to limit himself to one position, this is what makes him so dangerous.

before it even goes left ... I'm not calling Taysom stubborn.

I'm merely saying He'd make a hell of a permanent TE

I agree with the fact that Taysom would make a great TE. I've mentioned it here a few times. I think your post was off stating that Taysom needed to take cues from Tebow. It's a complete different situation. Coaches/experts told Tebow he needed to move positions for a future in the NFL, he refused and only wanted to play QB. Taysom on the other hand, is willing to play whatever positions Coach Payton asks him to, but at the same time Coach Payton is also saying Taysom is a starting NFL QB. If Payton told him that his future is at TE and not at QB, we'd see Taysom as a TE and he'd be a really good one and an exciting one to watch.

A QB room of Winston with Book at the backup and Taysom as QB would not be bad if Taysom was also TE2 and primarily played TE was used as a playmaker like he is.

Last edited:
before it even goes left ... I'm not calling Taysom stubborn.

I'm merely saying He'd make a hell of a permanent TE
I totally get what you are saying. What would make Hill NOT be Hill is making him one-dimensional though. Tebow has his limitations as a passer and wouldn't have been able to play the QB position as well as Taysom did in the 2nd Atlanta game (for example). Hill HAS progressed as a passer, even with limited snaps and I have only seen him progress and not ceiling out and regress yet. A re-invented Winston as a passer who gets it all together would, "on paper", obviously be a way better pure passer, but we have to see if he can get it translated to game time consistently. Hill at QB still lets him have ability to run, which is a defensive threat and with the ability to have decent play with a backup QB behind him (if he did get the start) and the ability to motion out or line up as TE, RB, WR or just a diversion.

I think Tebow COULD have been a serviceable QB but his own ego and not having "forward thinking" coaching to do what CSP has done with Hill didn't do Tebow any favors. Hill CAN still run a CSP offense but Tebow needed an offense completely built around his strengths/weaknesses. I think Hill is a better athlete all around and better passer than Tebow. It is good to see him getting back to it, though. He loves football and it is hard to root against him. It is hard to root against Winston, too...it is just about what can he truly UNDO in his football DNA before he can DO...we will see!

An offense that had Winston reaching all of his POTENTIAL as a passer PLUS Hill being HILL and having QB snaps, along with Kamara balanced out would just be unfair. That is a lot to ask for, but would be sick if Winston achieved his ceiling overnight!

Taysom’s true value is as a Joker TE/QB (H-back/RB/FB/WR) who can also return kicks and be a ST gunner ... I have no problem with him taking 20-30% of snaps as long as Jameis is in the slot for 10-15% of those snaps. To me, the key is then being on the field at the same time fairly often. We did it some with Drew being a decoy. ... I think Jameis is athletic enough to be more than a decoy when he’s playing that role.

Last edited:
Taysom’s true value is as a Joker TE/QB (H-back/RB/FB/WR) who can also return kicks and be a ST gunner ... I have no problem with him taking 20-30% of snaps as long as Jameis is in the slot for 10-15% of those snaps. To me, the key is then being on the field at the same time fairly often. We did it some with Drew being a decoy. ... I think Jameis is athletic enough to be more than a decoy when he’s playing that role.
If he isn't utilized as a "stand there" to keep a guy at bay type of play. He can move in space. If just a delayed pass at the LOS and let him get some yards. He could be utilized in that type of role even if Hill takes the start. As much as many do not like the idea, we will have 2 or even 3 QB's at points on the field at the same time during this season. CSP is all about matchups and with the amount of offensive weapons, he would be stupid to not utilize everything he has...and you never see him be stupid (except the sometime hardheaded playcalling but that isn't the standard with him). I think he will have some pretty nifty things designed this season whoever is under center as the main QB.

I use to work at NASA at one time, but my company wanted me to move to another project because of my skillset. I never worked at NASA again, and I never enjoyed my job as much since.

There's something to be said for fighting for what you want in life. Yes, he's fun to watch trucking guys, but he deserves a change to pursue what he enjoys doing. Since he's been with the Saints, he's never focused solely on QB. That he can be so good at so many things is remarkable. Maybe he can be just as good once he focuses only on QB. We won't know till he gets a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom