Taysom gets a REAL contract extension 4yr-40 million 22 GTD at signing with QB raise clause. (1 Viewer)

There is the demand for filling all those roles with one roster spot, thus opening up a couple of spots for you to either fill other needs or take a chance on a guy you might otherwise not have the luxury of keeping.

I really don't get that everyone doesn't see that this is the obvious reason for his value being above what you might normally think of for a backup QB--that he allows you roster flexibility on gamedays to go heavy or light at other positions as you need for particular games because you can have him fill a number of roles as needed.
I guess that makes sense when you put it that way. You're getting average to slightly above average starter quality at 3-4 different positions from 1 roster spot. Maybe that's why CSP keeps saying Hill is the future of football.

For all those thinking this is a good signing get your paper bags ready never thought we see them again.... any other team signs a backup QB like this without a real starter known yet , heads would be rolling with smiles....

I still can't believe it. This is just so far off base for an organization that has made mostly very good personnel decisions. Sure we've had some misses but we've locked up our quality guys. I think Taysom is a good player but he's not 10 million per year good.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Taysom got tired of being the Swiss army knife with no injury guarantee? Look at the guaranteed injury money. I bet he comes out possessed as an offensive weapon with T.S. at QB. He has financial security and the chance to still be the man. That's my opinion.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Taysom got tired of being the Swiss army knife with no injury guarantee? Look at the guaranteed injury money. I bet he comes out possessed as an offensive weapon with T.S. at QB. He has financial security and the chance to still be the man. That's my opinion.
This is how I see it too. The Saints may not have been the party that initiated the contract talks. All of Hill's injuries with the Saints have happened when he has not been playing QB on a play. I could see him wanting something in return for jeopardizing his dream of playing QB while he's not playing QB. I think that's reasonable of anyone to ask.

Also, Hill made it clear just two weeks ago that his goal is to be a starting QB and he's not giving up on that goal. I don't see Hill locking himself in with the Saints for 2 to 4 more years if he believes that there's no chance Payton will ever let him be the starting QB. I think it's clear that both Hill and his agent have some credible indication from Payton that Hill still has an opportunity to win the starting QB job.

I don’t get it. If he could have found another team to pay him close to $10M a year I’d have wished him well. That’s a lot of money for a guy with only 1100 career passing yards and only 1200 career rushing and receiving yards, who at 32 next year is past his natural athletic peak.

I don’t get it. If he could have found another team to pay him close to $10M a year I’d have wished him well. That’s a lot of money for a guy with only 1100 career passing yards and only 1200 career rushing and receiving yards, who at 32 next year is past his natural athletic peak.
And 25 tds.

Unfortunately every now and again the Saints do a "Peat" contract

giphy.gif

He didn’t get hurt playing like that. He got cheap-shotted in the head after stretching out for a pass.
His injury last week was for a foot not sure on when and how bad he was hurt

Being that the deal is really not to play QB the only way this pans out is if he plays and contributes at $10 mil a year at other positions with some QB thrown in

The passes thrown clause may cause him to throw and not run which may be the motivation or could reduce his contribution due to forcing the ball

Question is how many snaps he plays and is there a limit to his effectiveness with more snaps

Am I the only fan who begs the wisdom of the money involved in this deal? To give 22mil for 2yrs to a 31 yr running QB w/ -0- lateral movement and no long ball. Sure he avg. 5.3 yds a carry, but only plays roughly 25 snaps a year and can't beat out 2 QBs on prove it deals. But, if you are going to pay him. If he is worth 10 + mill a yr. He should be a starter, and play 3 downs. I don't care if he is QB, TE, WR, RB, .....Kicker! But, be the every down player you are being paid to be.

Because why put money in there for him to play QB via this fancy hybrid deal if we aren't going to let him play QB? There is no more perfect time to start him than now. What exactly would be the point in keeping him on the bench? To start him next year? That makes no sense.

If he's fully healthy, he's gonna start, and he should.
Well, I agree, I'm just not sure you're right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom