Taysom gets a REAL contract extension 4yr-40 million 22 GTD at signing with QB raise clause. (2 Viewers)

I just want to clear 1 thing up... I keep hearing Taysom is 32 years old... 34 years old... 155 years old.... etc.

If you are going to make an argument against him based on his age (or some other irrelevant thing)... at least get it right... He just made 31 like 3 months ago...

Born: August 23, 1990 (age 31 years)

That's a theory that's never been proven because we always bid against ourselves. The debate has never been about a roster spot and most posters agree on his role as a joker, instead, the debate has been if he can be a starting QB. He is reaching an age where athletic ability begins to decline for most guys and I'm not sure about the value at that age (a 34-year-old gunner/TE/H-back). With seven games left I guess we are all about to see.

In essence this is a 4 year 5 million dollars per year contract. If Taysom earns the extra money it means he's probably starting games as a backup QB as per the contract. I'm fairly certain most teams in the league would sign Taysom to 5m per year.

I just want to clear 1 thing up... I keep hearing Taysom is 32 years old... 34 years old... 155 years old.... etc.

If you are going to make an argument against him based on his age (or some other irrelevant thing)... at least get it right... He just made 31 like 3 months ago...

Born: August 23, 1990 (age 31 years)
He'll be 32 next year and unless he's playing QB that's old for a skill position.

In essence this is a 4 year 5 million dollars per year contract. If Taysom earns the extra money it means he's probably starting games as a backup QB as per the contract. I'm fairly certain most teams in the league would sign Taysom to 5m per year.
Fair enough.

He'll be 32 next year and unless he's playing QB that's old for a skill position.

Subjective - Completely depends on the player. There are plenty of examples of players well into their mid/late 30s playing at an extremely high level... Also if he plays QB and not a "skill position"... there are even more examples of that there.

This is actually becoming more the norm in today's game - where you can't hit a QB / TE / WR without being flagged or fined...

The only exception really these days is with "bell cow" RBs... they typically hit the wall in their early to mid 30s.

Last edited:
Subjective - Completely depends on the player. There are plenty of examples of players well into their mid/late 30s playing at an extremely high level... Also if he plays QB and not a "skill position"... there are even more examples of that there.

This is actually becoming more the norm in today's game - where you can't hit a QB / TE / WR without being flagged or fined...

The only exception really these days is with "bell cow" RBs... they typically hit the wall in their early to mid 30s.
I would put good money on Darrel Green still being able to lace them up and be a top 20 cb (if not one of the 20 fastest guys in the NFL). Lol.

Folks following Taysom’s pockets are odd, and their comments are even odder because 3/4 of them don’t understand it.

There are obviously exceptions and when I say skill position I'm referring to those non-QB spots that are heavily dependent on your athleticism.

I would put good money on Darrel Green still being able to lace them up and be a top 20 cb (if not one of the 20 fastest guys in the NFL). Lol.

Folks following Taysom’s pockets are odd, and their comments are even odder because 3/4 of them don’t understand it.
LOL. This board watches everybody's pockets. I guess there's never been a thread about how Peat or MT is getting paid and was it worth it. :unsure:

This is what I don't understand. Taysom has a roster spot on 32/32 NFL teams. CSP is making darn sure he never gets the chance to sniff another contract and I'm pretty sure Taysom is 100% happy with that. Taysom isn't a charity case. If he hits the open market, for the most part he could choose any team he wanted. Some teams would pay more of course, but any team would be more than happy to give him a roster spot.
100% truth. I can see a Kyle Shanahan chomping at the bit to add Taysom to his creative running schemes. Do people really believe Sean McVay wouldn’t bring him to the Rams? LaFleur would take him. Hell, even Pete Carroll would dip his toe in the Taysom pond. You know how much he loves running. There are a number of teams who would happily add TH to their roster. No, they wouldn’t make him QB1, but they’d pay and use him for sure.

Most likely wouldn’t pull out of him what Sean has, except maybe Shanahan or McVay. But they‘d take Hill in a second.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. No one offered is a 1st when he was tendered do he's not in the demand Coach makes him out to be. He does have great value on our team, which is really all that matters

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. No one offered is a 1st when he was tendered do he's not in the demand Coach makes him out to be. He does have great value on our team, which is really all that matters

I really don't think the fact that he wasn't offered when he was 1st round tendered means much. He's making 5m a year, up to 10 with incentives. Not a whole lot of people are going to give up a 1st rounder for a player in that price range. I haven't seen anyone claim he is worth a first round pick. But if he hit the open market, he would be making between 5-10m a year on some team just to play in his joker role. I'm pretty sure the Saints are paying him his market value, and Taysom wants the stipulations in there in case the Saints decide to rebuild and don't draft a QB for a few years and use him as a stop gap measure.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's clear he's not a franchise QB. But I think he could start in this league and win some games as a cheap QB allowing the team to build. Draft a QB, even let that QB sit a year and in to the future.

The numbers in this contract aren't nearly as big as they look, and all of this is an overreaction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom