Taysom Hill as a Receiver? (1 Viewer)

coacher

Trick Play
Reaction score
This season Taysom Hill has 2 receptions for 1 yard on 5 targets. I’m guessing CSP has a plan for lining him up as a receiver, but I often wonder why in the world he is out there. He reminds me of a fullback trying to catch the ball often.

Anyone else not like seeing him lined up at receiver when we have other very capable receivers like Carr, Smith and Kirkwood to compliment Thomas?

He could have had a Touchdown on the play where the ball landed between him and Josh Hill in the end zone.

It was almost as if Brees got confused that both were open deep and kind of threw in between them? we can laugh about it now because of how the rest of the game went.

It’s done more so that defenses don’t always know what’s coming when he enters our huddle.

Hill is the fly in the ointment for opposing DC's and defenses. Nobody knows exactly what we'll be doing with him in the game.

He could have had a Touchdown on the play where the ball landed between him and Josh Hill in the end zone.

It was almost as if Brees got confused that both were open deep and kind of threw in between them? we can laugh about it now because of how the rest of the game went.
I think the ball was for Josh Hill, but Taysom beat his man and was near making the catch. I like the fact that he's running those routes, that way DCs won't know what is coming everytime he is on the field.

The inevitable "Why Do We Play Taysom Hill So Much" post. Just go with it. I don't care if he lines up on defense. The opposing sidelines immediately start panicking and gyrating their hands on the sidelines. SP even mentioned it in his post-game today. It's to set up plays or other players.

Watch the replay on the poor route running by Taysom. Looks like amateur hour.

Hill is pretty bad as a receiver. I'd limit those opportunities.

I think Taysom is put out there because he's been pretty good at run blocking DBs. He needs to run the occasional route to prevent teams from knowing that there's going to be a run when he lines up out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom