Taysom Hill as WR (1 Viewer)

They have one similarity... they’re white lol

Edelman is way more agile, quicker feet, oh and he’s played WR his NFL career.

Hill also has over 20 pounds on Edelman

Taysom doesn't have to be an exact replica of Edelman to be effective as a QB converted to a WR or in Taysom's case a TE/WR/RB/FB, ST Gunner, FG/Punt rusher and KR when needed. Edelman is a lot smaller and with that he is quicker and more agile, but that is not the end all be all at WR. MT is not the biggest, fastest, quickest WR, yet he is arguably the best and it seems like he plays WR with the physicality of a LB. I was able to find some numbers to compare Taysom to Edelman, but Taysom only had a pro day so not everything was available. An article from Taysom's Pro Day said he hit his goal of 222lbs for the Pro Day, he played his senior season at 235lbs and claims he feels most comfortable at 225lbs. One of the draft sites had his weight at 230lbs so I used the range below.

Taysom HillJulian Edelman
Height6'2"5'10" 3/8"
Weight222-230lbs (225 is ideal)195lbs
10 Yard Split1.61 s1.52 s
20 Yard Split2.54 s2.58 s
40 Yard Dash4.44 s4.52 s
Vertical Jump38.5"36.5"
Broad Jump10' 2"10'2.5"
3-Cone Drill7.03 s6.62 s
20 Yard Shuffle4.37 s3.92 s
Bench Press14 reps
Squat (not at Pro Day)625lbs

I think he has improved at catching the ball and running routes this season, but I'm not ready to place him at Edelman's level yet. His WR performance this season has been encouraging, though.

I am just saying that since TB looks to have the qb2 position maybe he can focus on WR and RB duties. I would love to see the progression.

The long sideline pass against the Cards he was lined up at RB. When he was at WR, he was basically lining up where Kamara would normally play in 4 or 5 wide.

I think the use is more RB/TE than straight WR. I doubt he starts playing in 2-3 wide sets at the position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom