Taysom Hill Comes in at #36 in Chris Simms Top 40 Qb's (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

Chris Simms is one of my least favorite "analysts" out there. Just putting this out there for discussion.

He’s third on his team’s depth chart, but he’s got much greater standing in the league at large.

Saints quarterback Taysom Hill comes in at No. 36 on Chris Simms’ annual top 40 quarterback countdown.

Many would argue that Hill should be much lower, given that he has limited experience at the position. Some would argue that he should be even higher, based on the significant impact he has had during his limited experience. (After, for example, Hill took a snap at quarterback and ran through the Vikings Defense during the fourth quarter of the wild-card game in New Orleans, Vikings play-by-play announcer Paul Allen said that he can’t believe he’s relieved that Drew Brees is back under center.)

Chris Simms is one of my least favorite "analysts" out there. Just putting this out there for discussion.

If I were a Vikings fan I to would also have been relieved not to see Hill on the field. He was flat out terrorizing the Vikings defense. That guy was Superman that day and put the Saints on his back.

He did that also against the Falcons on Thanksgiving with a blocked punt and two TD scores.

If I were a Vikings fan I to would also have been relieved not to see Hill on the field. He was flat out terrorizing the Vikings defense. That guy was Superman that day and put the Saints on his back.

He did that also against the Falcons on Thanksgiving with a blocked punt and two TD scores.
That performance was certainly sad to see get wasted. That was one of those games we should have rode the hot hand and that hot hand was Taysom.

I don’t really have any problem with this. I think people will underestimate him and that’s great. While I love Taysom and think he’s going to be great, I also acknowledge he hasn’t don’t a ton in the position. This job is one where you have to constantly prove it. Taysom hasn’t yet fully had that chance.

I'm surprised people are feeling slighted by this. Where did you expect him to be ranked?
I don't really see anyone feeling slighted by his ranking. I was surprised he's ranked at all and is why I posted the link. I think it's just people still think Chris Simms is an awful evaluator of talent from all the slights against Drew Brees he's had over the years and are making fun of him.

I'm surprised people are feeling slighted by this. Where did you expect him to be ranked?
For me, it's got nothing to do with Hill. Begrudgingly, I mostly agree with this ranking.

A couple things that have to be considered when taking in anything Chris Simms has to say about anything Saints related (I'm sure most of you already know this:

He does not like the Saints. He's a former Buccaneer (a very mediocre Buccaneer) and oddly, the Buccaneers see the Saints as their biggest rival. That sentiment isn't mutual as the majority of most Saints fans' abhorrence is aimed at the Failcants.The Yucs are aware of our apathy which adds fuel to their miserable, pathetic, little fire.

Also, he's a big Brees hater and this is why I think that is:
He and Brees come from the same "era" (Brees being drafted 2 years before Simms). While Brees is a successful, record setting, super bowl winning, accomplished QB still playing at a high level, Simms is just a turd that swirled around to 4 different teams in the NFL who has a face crafted specifically for fist contact from all angles. He seems to take indirect, passive jabs at Brees whenever he can...cuz he jelly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom