Taysom Hill Contract Year (1 Viewer)

As far as keeping him next season it seems like a no brainer to me. He’s a RFA, and even with a first round tender (which maybe unnecessary as some have suggested) his salary would only be $4mil, we are paying Teddy $7mil this year to ride the bench, so I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

As for being our next starting QB, to me that completely depends on what Drew decides to do. If Drew really does hang around till he’s 45, I don’t see Taysom hanging around in his current capacity for more the two more years at the most, he wants to play QB.
However if say we win the Super Bowl this year and Drew goes riding off into to sunset, then rolling with Taysom seems like a win-win. Either Taysom is highly successful and we have our QB, or he falls flat or gets injured and puts us in better draft position to take an early first round QB.

I know guys, I’m halfway teasing. Aside from hoping we’ll be picking at 32.

I didn't say it was necessarily a bad idea though. This team is pretty loaded and giving up a couple of drafts worth of 1st, 2nd and 3rds for Trevor Lawrence playing on a rookie contract might actually work.

I didn't say it was necessarily a bad idea though. This team is pretty loaded and giving up a couple of drafts worth of 1st, 2nd and 3rds for Trevor Lawrence playing on a rookie contract might actually work.

Agreed.
I do think he’s going to be a generational talent.

[QUOTE="ilvdsnts, post: 7656630, How much do you think he is worth to keep him in his current role?
[/QUOTE]
For what he provides to the team right now? I think $5-$6 million is reasonable.

What happens if they have already traded away their next first round pick?

In that case they can't offer a contract to the player. They would have to discuss a trade with the original team then get the player to sign the tender for the trade to take place, then cancel the 1 year contract and give the player the long term deal they agreed to.

In that case they can't offer a contract to the player. They would have to discuss a trade with the original team then get the player to sign the tender for the trade to take place, then cancel the 1 year contract and give the player the long term deal they agreed to.

Well at least the brains in the league office kept it simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom