Taysom Hill Contract Year (1 Viewer)

I don’t think that they will go qb with a high draft pick, but would rather opt to surround Taysom with talent on the line or at receiver. They would bring in a late round or UDFA qb instead.

Grab the kid from Clemson and keep Taysom too.

I don’t think that they will go qb with a high draft pick, but would rather opt to surround Taysom with talent on the line or at receiver. They would bring in a late round or UDFA qb instead.

I dunno bro. I'd like to think guys like ML n CSP would figure a 30 yr old guy who's only just now starting to learn to genuily play the position as a pro probably isn't alot of insurance heading into the future

I dunno bro. I'd like to think guys like ML n CSP would figure a 30 yr old guy who's only just now starting to learn to genuily play the position as a pro probably isn't alot of insurance heading into the future

He’s awesome insurance tho if he doesn’t have to be the starter...would love to keep him as a backup/hybrid joker as he is now.

Keep in mind that he’s 29 years old. He’s only going to get one good contract.

Last year I would have said that Bridgewater was the successor to Brees, but now I don’t see it in his performance and more importantly his passion. I think he’s afraid to get hurt again and it’s affecting everything he does on the field.

With that I will take my chances with Taysom Hill. He may never be on the caliber of Brees in terms of passing efficiency and tearing up a defense through the air. But he could potentially put up 4,000 yards and 65% comp pct. with 500 yards rushing.

That’s enough to win Super Bowls.

And he wouldn’t command top dollar.

The one advantage he has is that he isn't a typical 30 yo NFL QB. His body hasn't seen the punishment that most QBs have by 30. So, imo, he is a very young 30.

Time give him a new deal. As really the kid is playing very well!

While a typical 30 year old is probably worn and torn, Taysom isn’t your typical 30. He served a mission for 2 years, was injured at BYU, but it’s not like he was taking hits while he was on IR. He has probably taken as many hits these last two years with the Saints as he has during his time at BYU.

In short, he is coming into his own finally, and we look to reap those rewards.

Well he wouldn't be ur typical 30 yr old starting qb in terms of experience either. Also he may not have taken many hits as a pro but his playing style still leaves him more susceptible to significant injury

Having said that, his contract probably wouldn't be a backbreaker n a rookie's contract plus his would be cap friendly

his playing style still leaves him more susceptible to significant injury
That's my biggest concern with Taysom. You almost have to assume an injury will occur and have a decent backup ready to go when that happens. All 4 of his non-redshirt seasons at BYU ended in injury.

All I really trust is what I see... and I really like what I see from Taysom Hill. He’s a leader on the field, and his teammates respect him. He has grown as a passer, and his arm strength is better than I had thought. His accuracy has also improved, although he still lets one sail on him from time to time ( he missed on a sure TD to Alize Mack vs the Jets). Still though... I could see the Saints winning football games in a Taysom Hill led offense.

Right now, I would take Taysom Hill as a starting QB over guys like Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Miami’s starter, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Jacoby Brissett, and maybe even Kirk Cousins.

His style of play leaves him susceptible to being injured, but I also wonder if while at BYU he was being put out on the field when he shouldn’t have been. Let’s face it, the practice of medicine isn’t an exact science, and trainers let things slip.

But yes, Steve Young (who Taysom is close to) needs to get in Hill’s ear and teach him the finer points of being a mobile qb. We love Taysom because he is so mobile, there is no reason to change him from being that guy. He just needs to learn when to leave the pocket vs when he needs to take the sack or get out of bounds.

The one advantage he has is that he isn't a typical 30 yo NFL QB. His body hasn't seen the punishment that most QBs have by 30. So, imo, he is a very young 30.

There's that name again. It keeps coming up, there must be something to it.

About his age, I don't think the Saints will hold his youth against him. He will age well and start to peak in his early to mid 30's like most QB's.

FYI, Hill's had had a lot of "rest", but he was known for trucking people on every play in college and getting multiple injuries. He had more injuries in college than most QB's have in a 16 year college and Pro career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom