Taysom Hill Contract (1 Viewer)

There's no real reason for the Saints to hold off on signing him except if they're hoping that some team makes him an offer and thus we get a first rounder.
It takes two. Saints could be waiting because Taysom's agent is waiting to see if a big offer comes from another team.

Is there an advantage for him to sign the tender contract before Free Agency ends?

Second question. Is Taysom Hill disliked by Saints fans. Seems like a lot of negative posts when he gets mentioned.

Is there an advantage for him to sign the tender contract before Free Agency ends?

Second question. Is Taysom Hill disliked by Saints fans. Seems like a lot of negative posts when he gets mentioned.
Who DOESN'T love our Tay Tay? If you point them out to me I'll beat them up

I like him, just not sold on him being the future starter. I seriously doubt he gets a long term deal offer from another team at this point. If he did, I really seriously doubt it would be "starter" money at QB. I don't see a team throwing a first round pick at the Saints for Taysom Hill because the Saints might just decide not to match and take the pick.

Just a difference of opinions on who he is and what he's worth between posters. Some think he's worth 20m and others 5m. Pretty much everyone likes Taysom. There have been plenty of head buttings so it's a sore subject.

Last edited:
Is anyone other than me surprised that T. Hill hasn't been signed to a new contract as of yet? I find it suspicious................thoughts anyone?

No, he's under contract for the year. Maybe they work it out long term soon. If not, they'll figure out what they want to do next year. Don't see the point of reading tea leaves beyond that.

The best thing for Taysom IMHO is to sign the 1 year deal and then see what next year brings. He cant be paid star or rising star pay yet because he doesn't fit into those classifications.

To me we will know next year if this man is starter franchise qb worthy, and if the front office knows this he will get paid in the 15-20 millions a year range.

Wait and seem but I dont see a long term deal yet, right now his offer sheet is included in the cap hit, and I dont see anyone offering up a 1 yet to compensate.

The best thing for Taysom IMHO is to sign the 1 year deal and then see what next year brings. He cant be paid star or rising star pay yet because he doesn't fit into those classifications.

To me we will know next year if this man is starter franchise qb worthy, and if the front office knows this he will get paid in the 15-20 millions a year range.

Wait and seem but I dont see a long term deal yet, right now his offer sheet is included in the cap hit, and I dont see anyone offering up a 1 yet to compensate.
I don't think we will know offseason if he is starter material by next offseason tbh. We'll know more but not nearly enough imo. I think Taysom will require a different system then the one Drew operated in to maximize his value as a quarterback, and I don't see us really implementing much of that until Brees retires. Especially if there is no preseason and a potentially a shortened season.

IMO Taysom will be best utilized in a Lamar Jackson/ Josh Hill type of role. And it will take a whole preseason and potentially some personnel change to implement that kind of system.

Nope, he will sign his tender, Saints will draft its QB of the future next week to compete with T.Hill who will probably just keep playing the swiss army knife role until he signs with another team with the promise of competing for a starting job to only be back in the same role he found success playing in NO.

Nope, he will sign his tender, Saints will draft its QB of the future next week to compete with T.Hill who will probably just keep playing the swiss army knife role until he signs with another team with the promise of competing for a starting job to only be back in the same role he found success playing in NO.

Funny. But also by far the most realistic scenario. The difference is the next team will probably be a bad one.

Deshaun Watson come on down. I have read that Watson may be on the trading block. Hey O'Brien traded super star receiver D'Andre Hopkins for basically nothing.

Deshaun Watson come on down. I have read that Watson may be on the trading block. Hey O'Brien traded super star receiver D'Andre Hopkins for basically nothing.

Sign me up. No way they’ll do it but I’m down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom