Taysom Hill exclusive: Talking life on and off the field with Meghan Payton (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1621639710126.png
Getty Images

By: Victoria Cristina | WGNO

NEW ORLEANS — WGNO reporter, Meghan Payton, sat down with New Orleans Saints Quarterback, Taysom Hill, to discuss his routine on and off the field.

Hill explains that the two years he spent in Australia, serving on a mission, were some of the most structured and difficult times in his life.

He now enters a new trial, with a different routine, to set him in a position to compete for the starting quarterback position. ...

Full Story - WGNO (video)

Good stuff. Can it be Training Camp already... Super excited
I am excited for ALL the positions and battles to shake out and we will have some surprises this year. CSP is going to have some "whoa" plays. I was excited seeing him scheme with Bridgewater and Hill at subbing in and that he stepped up to the challenge. The Denver game was boring/yet brilliant and he devised that almost the night before upon knowing what Denver faced with all QB's out. Right when I think CSP starts to marginalize, he has pulled the big boy pants on hard...and that is as HC AND OC. As I have mentioned before, I am more excited for this season than I have been in a few. I don't need us to be a MACHINE all season, but I know there will be some exciting moments this season, even if just in the "intent" and set up for future. They expect to WIN and be competitive with this roster...I hope that attitude trickles downhill. I think it will with not only the players skills, but their attitudes. We will have times of really playing above the pay grade with moxy and scheme.

Winston may be “saying” all the right things this offseason... and “yes” he has the “route God’s” endorsement...

...but Taysom Hill has been doing the right things... his entire life! He’s a leader of men, a freak athlete, and a student of the game!

A lot of people are going to be SHOCKED at how good Taysom Hill looks as a QB, when they see him take the field this offseason, preseason, and regular season... as the Saints starting QB.

Winston may be “saying” all the right things this offseason... and “yes” he has the “route God’s” endorsement...

...but Taysom Hill has been doing the right things... his entire life! He’s a leader of men, a freak athlete, and a student of the game!

A lot of people are going to be SHOCKED at how good Taysom Hill looks as a QB, when they see him take the field this offseason, preseason, and regular season... as the Saints starting QB.
I'll be shocked if he's learned how to hang on to the football.

First, he'd have to be able to throw a touch pass to the most dynamic RB in the NFL. Which he hasn't shown he can do yet. I honestly have to wonder if I was having a stroke when I was watching those games with Taysom in at QB. People keep crowing about the 3-1 record while ignoring he was flat-out awful in stretches and the defense stepped their game up to be absolutely dominant in three of the four games. He also coughed up the ball rather than recognizing man coverage on Deonte Harris and instead held the ball and fumbled. I don't know what people saw that makes them sure he'll easily beat Jameis out. He wasn't playing hero ball, he showed he has fundamental flaws while playing full-time QB. And as I've said before, when you play him at solely QB, you miss him at TE. You miss him on special teams (remember his punt block against Tampa that lit a fire under the team?). Dude is an AMAZING football player. But as a full-time QB, his potential is wasted.

I'll be shocked if he's learned how to hang on to the football.
As I have said before. I would rather see fixable fumbles when a player is taking a play out of nothing to something...the effort of knowing this could be a special play and it result in a fumble. A pick 6 on a throw that just boggles the mind is a different type of turnover. I do not knock the times Winston has gotten out of trouble, weaved strangely through defenders and threw a pick with time running out or if fumbled on a play that was 50/50 glory or not choice. BUT, it is the mind numbing WTF plays that are QB 101 that concern. That is a lot more to fix than effort causing a fumble. I don't like either, but the categories are very different. ...people discount his play in the ATL game. It was a solid play at QB with some runs...Kamara was involved, as was the full running game. Their was balance...in both contests.

Did you say that the year before? Or the year before that?

I don't think that's an issue.
He wasn't playing under center for entire games before. He had 10 fumbles last year. How do you not think that's an issue? It's as much of an issue as Jameis's proclivity to throw to the other team.

As I have said before. I would rather see fixable fumbles when a player is taking a play out of nothing to something...the effort of knowing this could be a special play and it result in a fumble. A pick 6 on a throw that just boggles the mind is a different type of turnover. I do not knock the times Winston has gotten out of trouble, weaved strangely through defenders and threw a pick with time running out or if fumbled on a play that was 50/50 glory or not choice. BUT, it is the mind numbing What the Fork! plays that are QB 101 that concern. That is a lot more to fix than effort causing a fumble. I don't like either, but the categories are very different. ...people discount his play in the ATL game. It was a solid play at QB with some runs...Kamara was involved, as was the full running game. Their was balance...in both contests.
Kamara was targeted four times for nine yards on two catches in games against ATL last season. That's not getting him involved in the passing game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom