Taysom Hill exclusive: Talking life on and off the field with Meghan Payton (1 Viewer)

Yes. I'm sure Payton's focus was on removing Kamara as a pass-catching threat.

Part of it was how defenses were defending the Saints with Taysom at QB. Some of those plays just weren't there like they were with Drew. But, you're also right that Taysom could have done more to get Kamara the ball, and his screen passes were pretty terrible sometimes. But, how hard is it to clean that up with a full offseason dedicated to QB only?

You're ignoring how well the defense played in those games. The one game they didn't play like the best defense in the NFL, the team lost. Confirmation bias is fine, but let's not kid ourselves.

Not only that but we were a seriously run heavy team when Taysom was behind C....I don't know, my feeling is Taysom played just ok in the games he started, he didn't really do anything in the pocket that made him stand out and he had ball security issues (not saying he can't fix that)....But from what I saw he didn't really help his cause in becoming the starter this year, he didn't hurt it badly either though....we will see...my gut feeling is Jamies will be the starter unless he is terrible in TC....

Can Taysom get his shine for one thread? I get we got some delusional fanboyism post, but let them have their moment. Taysom deserves a fair shake. I know he isn't the next coming of Christ, but Cults are gonna Cult. Let people post what they want to believe, because time will all make fools of all of us one way or another. It's just not that serious.

He wasn't playing under center for entire games before. He had 10 fumbles last year. How do you not think that's an issue? It's as much of an issue as Jameis's proclivity to throw to the other team.
He was probably sleep deprived from just having his first baby. If you ever had kids, then you would know. These players have more going on in their lives than just football.

He was probably sleep deprived from just having his first baby. If you ever had kids, then you would know. These players have more going on in their lives than just football.
Does that mean you give Jared Cook a pass? Maybe his kid had a tummy ache.

Watch the replays of the games. Taysom doesn't look "bad in the pocket". He was less "loose" in the 1st Atlanta game and had some times of holding the ball. He was still playing good QB and had runs. Quick reads and was looking downfield and through progressions with good mechanics and feet in pocket. ATL had some pretty tight coverage most that game and MT just kept moving and found open holes...he has a great feel for the game and good rep with Hill. Hill had a bad, held on to long fumble lost against Philly. One fumble after a monster 18 yd, effort play and got stripped at end in another game. The other fumbled counted he was sacked and looked like his arm was going forward and he was throwing it away. His fumbles in as a QB, which you never want to see, weren't just playing sloppy as a hole. Look at the replays of his starts and you can where he is at. To say he looked horrible and substandard "not a NFL QB" is just not accessing football at the position, it's not liking him and he is not Brees or what people THINK Winston is/can be. First 4 ever starts as NFL QB and was split on all position rooms up until that week. Winston was taking #2 reps all season because he would be the immediate fill in if Brees went down due to the game planning of Brees QB and Hill Swiss Army Knife. That is why Winston came in for Brees in the 49ers game due to the game plan and installs that week and would have been the #2 any time Brees was out during a game. When having a week of preparation, CSP went with Hill not because of a "promise" but because he thought he gave them the best chance to win at QB. If he wouldn't have been up to task or CSP thought Winston gave a better chance, Winston would have started. It wasn't to evaluate what you have, you play the best man. NO head coach will sacrifice wins for evaluation unless a fully LOST season and really need to see what future investments might have and they NEED the work (and even that is a small percentage scenario).

WATCH THIS ENTIRE VIDEO: This gives exactly where Winston is and shows AS an NFL starter for 6 years WITH a not bad team around him. Many of the mind boggling decisions are what should be FOOTBALL 101/QB 101. That is not scheme, coaching, etc. Even some "good throws" you see other, better options left on the field. You see a great deep ball when he can set up and throws between the hashes. You see a lot of WR highlights, as well. Not all 100% bad but a lot of very concerning play that is consistent with some bad decisions and knee jerk reactions even when not under pressure or duress. His coaches did try to develop and get him to take the steps needed. Watch the Koetter video from Hard Knocks. Also, Winston...and this is PAST Winston decided to just stop listening to his coaches and just do "Jameis Winston". You can only truly access, as we stand here today what has been shown. This is Winston, until we have seen otherwise. He is saying all the right things, but can it translate to the field on play in games consistently. Hill has shown he understands the offense and can run it and be successful and shown progress in mechanics and footwork from past times under center (mostly preseason). There is progress as a QB with little time under center at the position exclusively. Winston has regressed, if anything. Now, Winston should be treated with CLEAN SLATE and prove/earn what people have labeled him for his POTENTIAL...NOT what they THINK, what they KNOW and that has to be seen. That is why there is concern with Winston as a QB...what we KNOW. He will be given every chance and I hope he succeeds whether a Saint or not. He has always been praised as a hard worker and doing "everything it takes to be better and elevate his play", but all the talk and workouts, training, hype has him still at a certain level we have seen as of TODAY. Again, that is past...clean slate, but it still is what it is. You can't win with INTENT!

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2019/02/jameis-says-he-told-himself-to-disregard-coaching/

So Taysom is training in Idaho.

No wonder Jameis has so many guys training with him in San Diego. I love Idaho as much as the next guy. Sun Valley during ski season (chefs kiss). But yes, given the option between training in Poky or San Diego, I’m going to SD.

This season is going to be wild.

So Taysom is training in Idaho.

No wonder Jameis has so many guys training with him in San Diego. I love Idaho as much as the next guy. Sun Valley during ski season (chefs kiss). But yes, given the option between training in Poky or San Diego, I’m going to SD.

This season is going to be wild.

I hope this isn't like Tim Tebow. I remember Tebow saying that nobody works harder than him when he was with the Broncos. And, when questioned a little further, he said that he was training with his brother. Really, dude? That's working harder than everyone else?

I hope Taysom follows Drew's example and does more than it seems like he's doing. I like Taysom, but I don't know of any elite coaches in Idaho to train with. I think if you're spending your offseason training in Idaho, I think you're not likely to be QBing the Saints this year. But, what do I know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom