Taysom Hill in Adam Schefter podcast (1 Viewer)

Taysom was a happy accident. It was a three year evolution to get to the point we call him the JOAT.

Year one: Give him a shot at gunner on special teams. Ok that was pretty good.

Year Two: Can he return a kick off? Not bad. Dare we call a punt fake? Yes! Blocked punt! Who saw that coming? Can he run routes and catch balls? Hmmm maybe he does not have the hands for it. Give him a few snaps to run on 3rd and short. That works, Can he throw a deep ball? Jury still out.

Year three: Harris takes the returns. Still producing as the gunner, faker and kicker bodyguard. Slowly Drew starts to trust his route running and hands. (did he drop any catchable passes this year?). By year end he was a trusted goto reciever. More snaps to run but still too little passing to judge. And Still blocking punts.

Give credit to CSP for letting Taysom expand and develop but it isn't like they were thinking JOAT when they signed him. That thinking was a steady process over time.

Year four: The floodgates are open. Will this be the year he tests the waters on defense? Free safety anyone? Pass rush?
Nothing he does surprises me anymore. Wouldn't put it past him to get a pick 6.

To me, this is the quote of the off-season so far:

"But I’m in no hurry to leave New Orleans. As I look at my career, I have goals, and I have a vision for myself as to what I can do in the NFL, and there has been nothing that has been said, or I’ve never been treated in any way that would lead me to believe that the vision I have for myself is not the same vision that coach [Sean] Payton has for me, as well as the other guys on the staff. So I’m in no hurry, but I also think that there’s an important element of being a free agent. You finally have the opportunity to sit down and say, ‘What are my goals? What are my visions for myself?’ And then see who shares those same thoughts as you do."

I think this speaks volumes of where we are right now. Things are clearer inside of the organization than we may presume.

Frankly, there is no need for Sean Payton to go out and say more then what he has said. Communication is clear between coach and his quarterbacks, the goals are set.

Rest of the article:

Last edited:
If Payton truly believes that TH is the QB of the future for the Saints why did he chose Teddy as the starter when Brees injured his thumb?

Something is fishy in the bayou.

This offseason wil he interesting for ‘tea leaves’ reading. if SP/ML is signing or drafting Taysom replacement players - most notably TE/FB hybrid and ‘mobile’ youngish FA qb - then it will be fairly telling we’re handing the reins to Taysom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom