Article Taysom Hill is Saints’ future at quarterback: ‘Bigger Lamar Jackson’ (1 Viewer)

Taysom is bigger than the people that tackle him. In fact he is probably a better tackler than the people that attempt to tackle him. But yeah, unnecessary hits are unnecessary.
Taysom can tackle himself and then run through his tackle while blocking a punt. He IS the most interesting baller in the world...stay football thirsty my friends.
El Siete

Jay was in an interview on somebody's show beginning of the year, with the fox sports lead guy (the one that wasn't a nfl player, can never remember his name). In the interview clip Jay states matter-of-factly that Taysom is CSP's guy, I've felt it is kinda set in stone after "seeing" exactly how Jay answered the question.

I'm sure someone can find and link the segment.

If Jay Glazer says something about the Saints then it's 100 percent true.

Stylistically? Yeah, I can buy it. But Jackson is the standing league MVP. Putting Taysom on that level without actually seeing it first? That's like comparing Baker Mayfield to Joe Montana before Baker ever played a down in the NFL. I hope it turns out to be prophetic, but gonna have to see it first.

Stylistically? Yeah, I can buy it. But Jackson is the standing league MVP. Putting Taysom on that level without actually seeing it first? That's like comparing Baker Mayfield to Joe Montana before Baker ever played a down in the NFL. I hope it turns out to be prophetic, but gonna have to see it first.

I think what Glazer meant is that Taysom is like Lamar Jackson but bigger, not as good of a runner, not as good of a passer, significantly more interception prone, with a poor touchdown rate, worse decision making, a full 2 yards fewer per passing attempt against worse competition in college, a full yard less per rushing attempt and a general lower IQ for the QB position, more fragile and without the first round draft pedigree, Heisman, NFL MVP award, or just general history of being an actual quarterback that throws the football effectively.

Besides that though they're really basically the same person.

I think what Glazer meant is that Taysom is like Lamar Jackson but bigger, not as good of a runner, not as good of a passer, significantly more interception prone, with a poor touchdown rate, worse decision making, a full 2 yards fewer per passing attempt against worse competition in college, a full yard less per rushing attempt and a general lower IQ for the QB position, more fragile and without the first round draft pedigree, Heisman, NFL MVP award, or just general history of being an actual quarterback that throws the football effectively.

Exactly. You look at a comparison of the two on every level and it's so clear that Lamar is better that Stevie Wonder can see it. Which is why I laughed at folks when they claimed that Jackson wouldn't do much in the NFL. Ozzie Newsome was smart enough to see through the crap. Lamar has improved his accuracy every year from college to the pros and has done it without an all star cast on offense.

Would I like for Taysom Hill to turn out to be Lamar Jackson or better? HELL YES but it's a ridiculous and insulting comparison right now. Lamar Jackson is a Heisman winner, Walter Camp winner, Maxwell Award winner, 2X ACC player of the year, AP player of the year, has the most perfect passer ratings in a single season in the NFL, most rushing yards by a QB in a single season, passed for the most TD's last year, was an all pro, and won the MVP award. At the age of 22 so let's slow our roll.......

You seem to really have it out for Taysom. I don't see why some people refuse to even give the guy a chance...he's improved every single year here. He's proved he can learn other positions and become pretty damn good at them, so what makes you think he hasn't improved as a QB since his days at BYU? I guess I just don't understand the refusal to even give him a shot.

I know the comparison to Lamar Jackson is silly, I get that, but it is just seems that some people can't wait to get a dig in towards him.

Last edited:
We will pay Taysom whatever is necessary to keep him ours. Whether it be FT QB, or gadget QB. All the rest of thia is semantics and "fan-talk". We just need to appreciate what we have now, as opposed to 'downgrading' POTENTIAL value.
WHO DAT!

You seem to really have it out for Taysom. I don't see why some people refuse to even give the guy a chance...he's improved every single year here. He's proved he can learn other positions and become pretty damn good at them, so what makes you think he hasn't improved as a QB since his days at BYU? I guess I just don't understand the refusal to even give him a shot.

I know the comparison to Lamar Jackson is silly, I get that, but it is just seems that some people can't wait to get a dig in towards him.

I like Taysom.

I think saying he's Lamar Jackson but bigger is ridiculous enough that it deserves ridicule. That's all, really.

This may be a little off but I think Taysom Hill's running style is closer to Terrelle Pryor than Lamar Jackson. Lamar is faster and has better lateral explosion compared to Taysom. Looking at Taysom, he is more of a downhill runner and once he picks up speed he is load to tackle.
I agree. Lamar is more along the lines of Barry Sanders and Taysom is more like Bo Jackson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom