Taysom Hill is the future. (1 Viewer)

That guy is an incredible athlete. Idk if Gerald McCoy will end up being right about the most skilled ‘white dude in the history of the NFL’ lol.

Taysom Hill is kind like Happy Gilmore,hes insanely talented at the things he does well. If he learns how to throw consistently and can be as cerebral as Drew reading defenses,he will be like Tiger Woods

As of right now, nobody really knows what exactly are his capabilities .....? is he a runner only? how is his arm strength? more importantly, what is his vision when dissecting defenses?...and of course just how accurate are his throws?

Now in all fairness, nobody had any answers of Lamar Jackson's qualities last year either...nobody really knew what exactly is Lamar Jackson's strength in understanding defenses....this year was the first time they watched his development...and let's be fair...they all were shocked at what they saw.

Can Tysom Hill become another QB with the qualities of Lamar Jackson? More importantly......let's not narrow our horizon when trying to understand Tysom Hill....he might now be a Lamar Jackson clone.....but then again, he might have some hidden strength nobody is aware just now. The whole development can take on a completely different direction...who knows?

But there is potential here...a ton of potential, which needs to be explored, the sooner the better. I know one thing...coach Sean Payton really needs to take a close look at Tysom Hill this next offseason. All it takes that lightbulb to start coming on, and only then will he knows for sure what he's got.

I know we all be watching this unfold....the possibilities are endless...

I'd like to see him play more, as a kickoff returner, and an HB/TE. He should remain our #3 qb after Drew is gone, and our #2 when our starter gets hurt. I just want to see him get more snaps

none of us know what Payton plans to do with Hill. Not one.

And there are some extremely talented guys coming into the league as duel threat lately but the issue with it is the same as it ever was, having them get through a full season. You have to wrap 100 plus million in a guy and then breath heavy every time they cross the line of scrimmage. I'm not saying I am totally against it, but it changes the way you watch.

As of right now, nobody really knows what exactly are his capabilities .....? is he a runner only? how is his arm strength? more importantly, what is his vision when dissecting defenses?...and of course just how accurate are his throws?

Now in all fairness, nobody had any answers of Lamar Jackson's qualities last year either...nobody really knew what exactly is Lamar Jackson's strength in understanding defenses....this year was the first time they watched his development...and let's be fair...they all were shocked at what they saw.

Can Tysom Hill become another QB with the qualities of Lamar Jackson? More importantly......let's not narrow our horizon when trying to understand Tysom Hill....he might now be a Lamar Jackson clone.....but then again, he might have some hidden strength nobody is aware just now. The whole development can take on a completely different direction...who knows?

But there is potential here...a ton of potential, which needs to be explored, the sooner the better. I know one thing...coach Sean Payton really needs to take a close look at Tysom Hill this next offseason. All it takes that lightbulb to start coming on, and only then will he knows for sure what he's got.

I know we all be watching this unfold....the possibilities are endless...

No. Just stop. Lamar Jackson was the youngest Heisman winner in history in 2016 and was actually BETTER in 2017 and should've won it back to back. I wanna see Taysom be great but making ANY comparison to Lamar Jackson is just setting him up for failure. Lamar Jackson is one of the most naturally talented QBs to hit the NFL. Ever. And he clearly works at it. He's humble, driven and a competitor. Taysom might be a starting QB but he doesn't have the natural arm talent that Jackson does (neither does Drew or 99% of all NFL QBs btw).

I think we will see a lot more trick play Taysom and even qb Taysom in the coming weeks as we need every edge we can to get that 1 seed. As far as the future goes, I am old school and just do not see a running qb as the long term future of any team. They are just too prone to injury by exposing themselves like that. It could be that after Teddy goes to another team, Taysom might have to qb for a few games just like Teddy did. But, I think Sean will go with more of a traditional pocket passer who might be able to occasionally scramble to keep a play alive after Drew is done.

There is not going to be a pocket passer that's going to come close to what Brees did and in crucial moments will not be as effective as Brees. The read option QB is the future.

Lamar Jackson? Really? Really?? That's what you think when you see #7 throwing the ball? Lamar Jackson throws DARTS. I love Taysom but comparing him to a Heisman winner who has one of the best arms in the NFL and would go first overall in a redraft is just ridiculous.

Whatever you ate for Thanksgiving, it got you high as a kite!

Taysom Hill closer to Steven Jackson than Lamar Jackson!

Lamar Jackson is one of a kind... there’s nobody else out there that does what he does... how he does it. -but- Taysom Hill has a special skill set too. Taysom had Heisman buzz himself, and could have really pushed for it, if not for injuries. While Taysom doesn’t really do anything better than L-Jax, except for trucking defenders and power running, he has all of the tools to be an awesome QB and leader.

I'd like to see him play more, as a kickoff returner, and an HB/TE. He should remain our #3 qb after Drew is gone, and our #2 when our starter gets hurt. I just want to see him get more snaps

I’d love to see Taysom catch a TD, run for a TD, throw a TD, and have a STs TD all in the same game.

Of the many things Taysom Hill does on the football field...throwing a football may be one of the things he does least good. Until he can go through progressions...he is not an NFL QB.
Kaepernick couldn't go through progressions either and he took his team to a SB. Only 1 other qb in the nfl has Taysom's athletic ability and look how much he's improved in his 2nd year starting. Can't put a price on having a qb that can escape and make a positive/exciting play when all receivers are covered. Hard to gameplan for as well

The idea that any of us know if TH can play QB moving forward, or what his ceiling is at that position, is hilarious.

If this season has proved anything it’s that he’s excelled at every position we’ve asked him to play. Who’s to say he wouldn’t excel at full time QB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom