Taysom Hill is the future. (1 Viewer)

The funny forum will be years from now when he’s proved of us arm chair qb’s who don’t, can’t, or never will be in the NFL (especially the racist with the “ best white dude” comment), wrong, as he sets records for a team that gives him a chance.

What's really funny is people who think they know Taysom's future at QB. The facts are, his floor at QB is pretty low, his ceiling pretty high. But no one, not even CSP, knows what the future holds for Taysom at QB. CSP likes him, and appreciates what he has given to the team. So he will get his chance. What he does with it, nobody can predict.

If Hill became full time QB, Coach would design an offense around his skills.
There are some issues with this thought:

Coach: "OK, Taysom. Here is what we are going to do here. It's fourth down, and we are going to punt the ball."

TH7: No problem. I understand.

Coach: "I need you to block that punt."

TH7: ????

My, my, what a difference a year makes. There are so many layers to this right now. I can't say I'm sold on TH as a passer right now, time will tell.

Short term....I think Taysom would be a blast. Don’t think he’s long term. Needs more passing development. Still love TH7 though. The young man makes gameday fun. He’s got that spark.

If I had to choose between Jackson and Mahomes it would be Mahomes by a mile....that’s just me. Mahomes is a better QB all the way around. Jackson is gonna get himself seriously hurt in the future...once you run past that line anything can happen.
I kinda agree, Jackson is very special but I worry about the hits, like one he took when he broke the record. Mahomes seems like amore polished as a passer right now.

Oh Lordyyyy, The Eye ? for Talent you have is astonishing.

This must be Bill Kuharich’s Ghost ? Account! ?

I mean SammyMVPKnight, in this post, gonna get taken to da Loon Shed and fed him some der breckfassss....

I mean if you were judging a wet t-shirt contest all the ladies with man made’s would be alternates ?

Yikes....The total denial of eye popping talent is what I’m getting at here.

What you’re seeing on your TV & what is happening at Saints headquarters is 2 Totally different realities

like the twilight zone dude...lemme break it down for ya..

3 Scenarios:
Scenario #1: You watching world class talent like Taysom is the real reason that the Arena Football ? League took 30 years to fail......laymen folks can’t tell the difference in NFL Talent vs Arena...(loony tune bro)

Scenario #2: Sean Payton...a man that gets paid 13 million dollars per year has OFFICIALLY been coming to work every day for 3 years and training Taysom as a QB to read defenses better, faster, etc.....& Sean is using the words “developing as a QB” about Taysom NOW LIKE TODAY DUDE.....

Scenario 3: You still think ? Wiley flippin Cayote gonna catch that damn Road Runner cause he so smart....Bro Roadrunner ? fastAF like Taysom! Ain’t nobody gonna catch his arse!!!!

Who da Loon now?!?

Oh Dat’s Right...ME...

The Loon Done Had To Boss Up Acme Style!

I specifically agree with Scenario #2.

For the last 5 years or so every lame brain and there has been many lame brain and bad QB's that have made their entrance and have departed and being that fans are going to fan many of us as Saints fans want to bring them in and sit them behind Brees for a couple of seasons and let them learn.

Isn't that kind of what Sean Payton is doing with Taysom Hill?

I mean the only thing we haven't see him do much is throw the ball and maybe that hasn't been shown yet..........................you never know what Sean Payton has up his sleeve. He pisses me off unbelievably at times but he is still a great coach.

You have to think that the Saints brain trust have been working on and preparing for the after Brees ( I think I just threw up in my mouth) scenario. They have something in mind and we may have been watching it develop for the last couple of seasons.

You never know!!

Taysom was brought in as a backup QB. What we've discovered is that he's a tremendous all-around weapon that can play a multitude of positions. THAT is what he excels at, THAT is what we should continue to use him for.

It does not mean he has what it takes to be a starting NFL quarterback. "Multi-talented athlete" does not equate to "starting-caliber NFL QB". I'm not saying he doesn't have it, I'm just saying we haven't seen that definitively.

What his play DOES tell me is this: Why is everyone so eager to crown him the heir apparent to DB9? We've found what his most valuable role on the team is, and it's not starting QB. If we made him the starter, we wouldn't be able to use him in all of the places he's been so crucial. The blocked punt? Nope. Fake punt runner? Nope. Wideout? Definitely not nearly as much.

We've found a unique player and we've found where he benefits the team the most. Enjoy what he brings to the table now, and don't change it. Find a starting-caliber QB - Bridgewater or otherwise - and let Taysom do what Taysom do.

Great points and I agree with your thoughts. Although, I think I love Taysom more than my wife ??, one of the thing that makes him so unique, other than his ridiculous athleticism, is the fact that defenses aren’t sure how to handle a second quarterback on the field that can also do so much more. While I hope he gets a chance to prove that he is also a great all-round QB, it would also be great for the Saints be able to keep him and let him “do what he does” all over the field. The only problem with that is that at some point the guy is going to want to be paid like the asset he is. He’s currently only making about the three year player league minimum. Maybe he would be comfortable being the Swiss Army knife long-term if he was paid better to do so. If the Saints want to keep him in 2020 they’ll likely have to shell out $2 million or $3 million per year (or match the offer of another team) using their restricted free agent tender option. Who knows if that is enough to keep Taysom doing what he does... Compared to Bridgewater, likely being worth around $20 millionnext year, it seems a bit paltry. Regardless, he’s a stud and I hope we can keep him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom