Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston use lessons learned from last season in preparation to become New Orleans Saints starting quarterback (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1623191561115.png

By John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Last season was a learning process for both quarterbacks who'll vie to start for the New Orleans Saints in 2021: Taysom Hill, who opened four games in '20 in place of the injured Drew Brees, and Jameis Winston, who didn't start for the first time after opening 70 of 72 games for Tampa Bay in his first five NFL seasons.

Each shared his experience Tuesday, as several Saints players and Coach Sean Payton held a media availability on the first day of New Orleans' three-day "minicamp," which encompassed more mental work and position-specific works than team drills.

"There are some things specific to our offense, things that I would have done differently with some of my footwork, some decision-making based on coverage, and stuff like that," said Hill, who went 3-1 as the starter. "The footwork stuff has been the easy thing to focus on this offseason. There are other things that I continue to work on.

"I think every quarterback would tell you that your feet should take you where the ball goes. I think as you throw routes on air, you're just trying to get work in but then you get into a game, you're trying to replicate a rush and everything else. Those are the things that I'm employing. I think that I could have sped some things up, based on some offensive concepts, where maybe I was maybe a little bit late on a throw, but I felt like we weren't ready to deliver the ball."

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread