Taysom Hill - Lisfranc injury (1 Viewer)

The leaps of logic on this board are mind numbing.

We seem to have lots of lisfranc experts here. Pretty remarkable!

[Sarcasm off]
Which side of the lisfranc debate are you on? Or, perhaps you are just waiting it out to see what happens.

The leaps of logic on this board are mind numbing.

We seem to have lots of lisfranc experts here. Pretty remarkable!

[Sarcasm off]
I got my medical degree from Facebook University. I got banned a few times during the semester, but I still finished top of my class.

More info on the Lisfranc injury here:

The good news is this doctor thinks Hill can likely come back and be fine. The bad news is that 5 to 6 months out is the shortest time for recovery, but the average is 10 to 11 months. So, best case is back by July or so, but average case would have him out until December or so.

The timetable can vary depending on the severity of injury, with worse injuries and those requiring fusions probably taking longer to recover. With ORIF and screw removal, it is possible that players could return to play around 5 to 6 months after the injury. However, the average return to play demonstrated in studies is 10 to 11 months which I think is a more realistic timetable.

Lis franc rehab is a big can of.... "We don't know and what can go wrong... "

Probably put a screw in his bone. It seems like it is healing, but the Bone don't heal. They got to inject him with special therapy treatment to promote bone growth. The screw got to get removed, because the it won't take. Hill goes from walking boot to run to back to walking boot.

Then, comes to find out... He tore some ligaments in his foot and needs more rehab.

Taysom is then out all of next season.

While old man Pete recovers in 6 months and goes back on the running track.

So, I would kindly advise to just not worry about it and believe under the assumption that Hill won't be available next season. If he's back sooner. Let it be a welcome surprise.

More info on the Lisfranc injury here:

The good news is this doctor thinks Hill can likely come back and be fine. The bad news is that 5 to 6 months out is the shortest time for recovery, but the average is 10 to 11 months. So, best case is back by July or so, but average case would have him out until December or so.

The timetable can vary depending on the severity of injury, with worse injuries and those requiring fusions probably taking longer to recover. With ORIF and screw removal, it is possible that players could return to play around 5 to 6 months after the injury. However, the average return to play demonstrated in studies is 10 to 11 months which I think is a more realistic timetable.

I swear I said 11 months in previous post ;-) yeah my buddy taught at lsu ortho for 16 years. when he saw it he said not good. pocket passer it might not be as bad but for RPO it would be detrimental.

I wonder does the saints do an injury settlement to free up roster spot and how much of a cap hit does this cost.

However, the average return to play demonstrated in studies is 10 to 11 months which I think is a more realistic timetable.
Got dragged for saying this early on in the thread. Perhaps he could be back by training camp if everything goes perfectly, but this "3-5 months" stuff is incredibly unlikely.

There are sides? Glad I've managed to miss that.
The debate seems to be how long does it take to heal up from lisfranc to be medically cleared to play. His first lisfranc surgery at BYU took 11 months to heal up, so I'm thinking he is older and so perhaps 12 months. I find it very optimistic to think Taysom will still be an effective runner after having lisfranc surgery on both feet. Davenport has had it on one foot and he has been a mixed bag since the surgery.

Got dragged for saying this early on in the thread. Perhaps he could be back by training camp if everything goes perfectly, but this "3-5 months" stuff is incredibly unlikely.

Yeah, 5 to 6 months appears to be the minimum but the doctor indicates that 10 to 11 months is the most likely. If 10 months that's December, but without any time to get reps or prepare for the season. And the season is close to over by that point. I'm thinking we are going to have to either get Book ready to be the backup, sign Siemian again, or find another backup. Seems it would be too risky to count on Hill being back for most of the season.

That is unless the team knows something we don't about the severity of the injury and recovery time.

The debate seems to be how long does it take to heal up from lisfranc to be medically cleared to play. His first lisfranc surgery at BYU took 11 months to heal up, so I'm thinking he is older and so perhaps 12 months. I find it very optimistic to think Taysom will still be an effective runner after having lisfranc surgery on both feet. Davenport has had it on one foot and he has been a mixed bag since the surgery.

Yeah, but the foot hasn't been Davenport's issue. It's mostly been been his shoulder or elbow as far as I recall.

I think Hill can come back and be okay, but it will very likely be 10 to 11 months before he is even cleared to do football activities, which will likely basically put him out for the year. That being said, I think Davenport came back in 7 months so Hill has a shot at coming back earlier. But, I suspect if he does, it will only be as a backup QB, not running QB Power or playing TE/H-Back. Maybe with over a year to heal he can get back to that other stuff, but that puts him at 33 or 34.

I thought Davenport was a toe... Or was that last year he broke his foot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom