Taysom Hill rehab timeline (1 Viewer)

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
The injury occurred on
January 9th, 2022.

The timetable can vary depending on the severity of injury, with worse injuries and those requiring fusions probably taking longer to recover. With ORIF and screw removal, it is possible that players could return to play around 5 to 6 months after the injury. However, the average return to play demonstrated in studies is 10 to 11 months which I think is a more realistic timetable.

So is it safe to say he'll be out till roughly thanksgiving or was his injury more of the 5-6 month recovery time? It's hard to find updates on his progress so far.

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editorial-opinion/taysom-hill-lisfranc-prognosis-outlook

The injury occurred on
January 9th, 2022.

The timetable can vary depending on the severity of injury, with worse injuries and those requiring fusions probably taking longer to recover. With ORIF and screw removal, it is possible that players could return to play around 5 to 6 months after the injury. However, the average return to play demonstrated in studies is 10 to 11 months which I think is a more realistic timetable.

So is it safe to say he'll be out till roughly thanksgiving or was his injury more of the 5-6 month recovery time? It's hard to find updates on his progress so far.

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editorial-opinion/taysom-hill-lisfranc-prognosis-outlook
my couch doctor diagnosis when i read what it was said probably start on pup, come off, and be able to play about thanksgiving. so i think youre right. i dont think saints have said anything otherwise.

In before “why did we give him that contract” appears, or it’s brother “he isn’t an NFL Quarterback”.
Why we gave him that contract is still a valid question. It's bad to give a player that only averages about 33% offensive snaps $10 million a year. Especially, one that's as injury prone as Taysom and the market wasn't going to pay him anywhere close to what we did.

I think mid-season is a reasonable expectation if he's not ready for camp.

Why we gave him that contract is still a valid question. It's bad to give a player that only averages about 33% offensive snaps $10 million a year. Especially, one that's as injury prone as Taysom and the market wasn't going to pay him anywhere close to what we did.
Yep.

Exactly....getting in front of it by mocking the question doesn't invalidate the question.

I'm calling it now....TH earns $1M a reception this season

Exactly....getting in front of it by mocking the question doesn't invalidate the question.

I'm calling it now....TH earns $1M a reception this season

We laugh but that contract compared to his career receptions got paid him over $1m per reception.

Reminds me of the Coby Fleener contract where he never produced like a top TE but we paid him like one hoping he could get there. He didn't. At least he was a FA and we were competing against other teams and not ourselves.

My biggest problem was the Saints negotiated against themselves. I find it hard to believe they couldn’t of sign Hill to a cheaper deal
That's my problem...he went from making ~450k/year to 12M a year....and not a sole out there bid against us to establish that 12M number. He put up 150 yds rushing and 250 yards receiving the season prior...so the production wasn't even there to justify the bump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom