Taysom Hill took a step or two back as a passer today (1 Viewer)

Let’s not act like we have never seen an abysmal eye sore of a game from Brees - even in his Prime. Remember that 5 int. game in Atlanta? The Dallas stinker from ‘18? Rams in ‘11? There isn’t a QB who has played this game on the pro level, who hasn’t been made to look like a Junior College 3rd stringer by a defense.

Again, Taysom looked horrid. But I‘ve definitely seen HOF QB’s (Aaron Rodgers vs. Tampa, Brady vs. Us, Peyton in most conference championship games) look a Piggly Wiggly, clearance rack, hot mess in games before.

personally, I’m not making a complete judgment on Hill one way or the other, until I see a full season of him under center with a full training camp and offense built around his skills.

Y’all have fun changing your opinions on Taysom’s ability every week until Drew returns.
🤣😂
No one is acting like they've never seen a bad game. But the main defense on here is "Payton said he called the game to protect the ball and limit the playbook " but consistently overlooking OPEN receivers and throwing into triple coverage is not in that gamelan

So Brees puts up performances like that vs Denver?

Maybe not against Denver, but Brees has had worse games. Like this one:

28 out 50, 341 yds 5 INTS, ZERO Touchdowns. 37.6 Passer rating.

11/29@ATL-Yes50283410537.6

Am I saying Taysom is as good as Drew? Of course not, just saying, all QBs have bad games and you guys are calling for Taysom's head in a game we easily won. He did not play well, but the lack of pass attempts did not allow him to get into a rhythm and he was going against a great defense. Give him a fair chance.

I dont think I would consider his first start not a step forward.

People saying he couldn't throw, yet he was pretty much on the money on every throw and played very well. I was honestly surprised

Bruh...his deep passes are usually flailing ducks. 1 "pass" to Sanders almost caused a turnover. Which Hill actually committed!

He was able to complete passes that game bcuz of the WRs, not necessarily him

Not going to happen, we are going to ride or die with taysom at quarterback until drew comes back, because of paytons ego. Then next year if drew retires everyone will be griping when after 6 weeks our quarterback has less than 600 yards passing and we have no viable option in the building because jameis saw he would not get a chance to audition and walked
And then we will draft a qb at the end of the season and start get the show on the road again asap. Beats watching Jameis try to learn some self awareness for the next 5 years...

Always happy to get a win and I understand the gameplan was a heavy dose of the run game and lean on the defense but I am overall disappointed in Taysom Hill whenever he was asked to pass the ball...especially in the first half. He has to stop holding on to the ball and not making the throws on time. This is a timing offense and if you don't pull the trigger the play is doomed. And there were several plays where the receiver was open, particularly on the screen to Kamara. If Taysom Hill is indeed the QB of the future he has to work on that because at some point teams will catch up with that QB Power play.

Payton implied that he stressed to Tyasom 24/7 "Don't risk the ball".

We knew early that we could run the ball against Denver with effect. Combine that with Payton's admonition and I think you see why Taysom was only supposed to throw the ball if it was obviously safe to a wide-open receiver. The result was slow-developing plays waiting for that open safe receiver creating several sacks and throw-away balls.

That was not a bad game plan since we knew their offense would not generate many points and Defensive scores were the biggest threat.

To Payton's credit, he knew it made Taysom look bad so he made it clear he was responsible.

We won't see what Taysom is made of until at some point you need the plays to win. I definitely think he's feeling pressure right now, essentially in training camp that counts, with all the national heads talking about him during the week. Hopefully we see him settle down, and the offense continue to put up points grinding out the game.

Either way Taysom can still be a baller for us, if used right.

Relevant to the "800 LB Gorilla in the room" portion of what I was responding to. I didn't think it had anything to do with race (the dislike for Winston) and everything to do with his off the field and on the field character.

And I don't care for Big Ben either, for the same reasons.

I can understand self-proclaimed do-gooders using people's mistakes as a reason to cast aspersions, as if they are Jesus.

I just highly disagree with it...and so does Jesus.

From Transcript - Sean Payton Conference Call 11/30/20

I know you said yesterday after the game that Taysom, and I'm just paraphrasing here, did exactly what you wanted him to do. Can you maybe just talk about the trust and the maturity that just goes into trusting that process, especially for a young quarterback who is still proving himself to himself and his teammates?

"Yeah. It is a great question because there is a catch-22 in there somewhere, right? And that catches like, man, I'm trying to make an impression, I'm trying to prove that I'm a starter, I'm trying to prove all of those things. I understand that. And yet, you know what, today's not the day. Today's the day to prove you aren't. But it's not the day that, and the way this game was going to unfold, you've got to pay attention and be smart enough to understand we're not going to learn the hard way today with a matchup with two starters out on the offensive line. Terron (Armstead) goes down with Covid a couple days before and we're not going to (have a) sack/fumble, we're not going to get (the ball) turned over in our red zone, any of those things and that type of game field position mattered a lot. Seven points in that type of game would be the equivalent of 21 and that's just the way I felt that game needed to be played. And he did a good job of that.

People calling Taysom, "the kid" makes me snicker. That's a grown-arsed man. 💪🏼

Taysom was great given the circumstances. Taysom still had to play a very good defense today. Both of their safeties can play CB if needed and they are very good defensively in the red zone. Taysom managed the ship. Great job!
The point is, to manage the team while the captain awaits. Don’t pull a stunt, that will be Titanic like. Stay clear of any icebergs and when the captain returns for duty, the ship will sail smoothly to its destination. A Super Bowl win.

Hill was not that good I don't see why people are trying to defend him. Denver's defense got tired because their offense kept going 3 and out as expected.
I do not think people are defending him. What they are doing is, emphasizing the point not to overreact to one perceived bad game, just like not to overreact to a perceived good game. Stay calm and enjoy the ride.

He's not a viable long term option at QB.. His film is garbage at QB outside of completely getting the Freaky Friday treatment with a team completely game planning for a different QB..
I think many would agree. Be that as it may, we need to ride him until Brees returns. Hill affords the Saints, the best chance to win right now. Next season, we’ll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom