Taysom Hill took a step or two back as a passer today (1 Viewer)

You also have to give credit to Denver. Their defense is very good. They frustrated Tua enough to get him benched and they have shut down some good offenses. They just cant play offense too well

Always happy to get a win and I understand the gameplan was a heavy dose of the run game and lean on the defense but I am overall disappointed in Taysom Hill whenever he was asked to pass the ball...especially in the first half. He has to stop holding on to the ball and not making the throws on time. This is a timing offense and if you don't pull the trigger the play is doomed. And there were several plays where the receiver was open, particularly on the screen to Kamara. If Taysom Hill is indeed the QB of the future he has to work on that because at some point teams will catch up with that QB Power play.
Way too soon to pull the trigger on Taysom.

I KNOW that long-time Saints fans have PTSD from our fandom, especially with how the last 3 years of playoffs have ended but it's amazing how much anxiety exists in a 9-2 team, leading not ONLY the NFCS but the ENTIRE NFC, and have been without their ALL-WORLD guaranteed First HOFer QB, and have just beaten a team 31-3. I mean, I get it to a degree but I think I'd rather just live in the moment because they are so fleeting.

I think that we just have to play the hand we've been dealt, the coaches have more insight as to what's going on with Taysom and Jameis. I am not saying that they are guaranteed to be right but in Taysom's last two games, we've won rather convincingly. Taysom has done what was asked of him, the only glaring mistake was the INT but that was a deflection. I think when Jameis shows he knows the system and can make good decisions, he MIGHT overtake Taysom. I guess the point is, just sit back and enjoy and try not to make too much about a two-game sample.

Who Dat?!

We all smell it man! We can win it all. We are all anxious. And if we have a bye that would be sweet. It all starts with the bye.

Taysom was great given the circumstances. Taysom still had to play a very good defense today. Both of their safeties can play CB if needed and they are very good defensively in the red zone. Taysom managed the ship. Great job!
Huh?

9 of 16, 78 yards, 56%, 0 td, 1 int, 33.8 qbr

Taysom fan, naysayer or fence rider, there is no way to justify claiming that Taysom did a "great job". Not by any stretch of the imagination. He still has a lot to prove, and that's ok for now.

He had a terrible game. Period. He played just a little better than Hinton. (okay, hot take, but not far off). I like Taysom, but I'm not going to view his play and progression through homer lenses.

Huh?

Taysom fan, naysayer or fence rider, there is no way to justify claiming that Taysom did a "great job". Not by any stretch of the imagination. He still has a lot to prove, and that's ok for now.

He had a terrible game. Period. He played just a little better than Hinton. (okay, hot take, but not far off). I like Taysom, but I'm not going to view his play and progression through homer lenses.

In 70 career starts Winston had a worse completion rate 34% of the time than Taysom did in Denver.

Somebody tell Underhill that Payton told Taysom to miss open receivers and make bad reads. Your judgement changes when you actually see the film.

Huh?

I stand by that statement, I thought he did a great job. Mission accomplished. Denver has a very good defense, one of the better defenses in the red zone yet we scored 31 points. What I hear you saying is Taysom didn't pass the ball particularly well, and that has merit. But, that's not the only thing a QB does. You failed to mention the two rushing TD's from your QB stat line. That's 14pts with his longest from 17yards. When the passing game is not there he can create with his legs.

Not many fans sat through the Billy Joe, Walsh Walsh baby, Kenny Stabler days and it shows.

Breaking news: the future starting QB for the Sanits will not be as good as Drew Brees.

Y'all really need to sit back and enjoy the moment. We only have this year and need to win this week to clinch a playoff berth. To hell with the future. Beat the Falcons!

I saw Austin Carr playing more than Sanders and Thomas, that right there tells me what the game plan was.
While Thomas was on the field a ton more than Carr, you weren't far off about Sanders. Hill and Trautman were also in the field way more than Cook. So that tells you the game plan was centered around running the ball. Clapp played Jumbo a whopping 18 time.

Screenshot_20201202-083553.jpg

Last edited:
I stand by that statement, I thought he did a great job. Mission accomplished. Denver has a very good defense, one of the better defenses in the red zone yet we scored 31 points. What I hear you saying is Taysom didn't pass the ball particularly well, and that has merit. But, that's not the only thing a QB does. You failed to mention the two rushing TD's from your QB stat line. That's 14pts with his longest from 17yards. When the passing game is not there he can create with his legs.

I don't think you can objectively say he did a great job. He threw a pick, made some poor/awkward reads and some inaccurate throws. I don't think he helped his cause to be the future QB in Denver, but I also think he can turn it around against the Falcons...we'll see....

I don't think you can objectively say he did a great job. He threw a pick, made some poor/awkward reads and some inaccurate throws. I don't think he helped his cause to be the future QB in Denver, but I also think he can turn it around against the Falcons...we'll see....
Agreed, that would be the equivalent of our defense giving up nearly 500 yards of offense but the other team keeps shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and getting bogged down in the redzone and we end up giving up only 16 points and we decide we were great.

The real problem was on the O-line, they didn't do a very good job with their pass protections, Denver ran alot of stunts and twists, and we didn't do a very good job of passing off responsibilities, turns out we didn't really need much passing, but we will down the road...

The real problem was on the O-line, they didn't do a very good job with their pass protections, Denver ran alot of stunts and twists, and we didn't do a very good job of passing off responsibilities, turns out we didn't really need much passing, but we will down the road...
If I was an offensive lineman I would have been frustrated by the fact Hill couldn't pull the trigger. Made them look bad on pass protection.

If I was an offensive lineman I would have been frustrated by the fact Hill couldn't pull the trigger. Made them look bad on pass protection.
Remember that it was Payton telling him not to throw if there was any risk. I would suggest that Payton's risk aversion in the Denver game was more responsible for the extended plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom