Taysom Hill Trade speculation (1 Viewer)

We invented that role specifically for Taysom. Would've gotten Tebow to do it first but a higher power told him he was a QB that plays baseball poorly, so whatever.

My point is, this offense existed and was powerful before him. It would do so without him.

As for the prospect of trading Taysom Hill to move up that high? Man, into the top 5?! Who would we be doing that for? Isaiah Simmons? Justin Herbert? Tua?
While I do agree with u. I think u should consider that was with a younger Drew who could still bomb the ball. I think things are different now at the QB position and they would still love to keep that dual threat capability with Taysom, considering Drew's power doesn't seem there anymore

IMO, Hill's value to the saints is far greater than any potential team can ever envision him to be on their roster.
On the other hand we have given up an explosive play maker before (e.g. Cook). So, I supposed anything possible. I guess it may come down to building a team for one last chance for Drew or long term sustainability of success.

----

Totally right. I don't think anyone else will give Taysom the big bucks, no one can use him like the Saints.

I don't think Payton wanted to trade Cooks. I think he wore out his welcome, and Payton had no choice. I'm sure Payton will bend over backward to keep Taysom, but there's a limit.

We invented that role specifically for Taysom. Would've gotten Tebow to do it first but a higher power told him he was a QB that plays baseball poorly, so whatever.

My point is, this offense existed and was powerful before him. It would do so without him.

As for the prospect of trading Taysom Hill to move up that high? Man, into the top 5?! Who would we be doing that for? Isaiah Simmons? Justin Herbert? Tua?
You are on to something! Tebow is not an NFL QB, but he could be another Taysom Swiss army knife. Why not? Wouldn't cost much and he though he could get 5-6 snaps a game it might be fun to watch.

It does put things in perspective though when you think about how well Taysom has handled not being the starting QB compared to how Tebow handled things.

Yeah, that why Taysom Hill isn’t signing his tender. He doesn’t want to hear Payton say “sorry, but you’ve been traded to the Browns.”
Saints can still "trade" him, but in essence, what they'd be trading are their rights to him. Much easier when the tender is signed because new team doesn't have to deal with that drama. Trading their rights is just like, for example, when the Chargers drafted Eli Manning and "traded" him to the Giants. He wasn't under contract, didn't sign anything, what was traded was the rights to negotiate and enter into contract with Eli.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom