Taysom Hill Ultimate Saints Highlights (1 Viewer)

So many people, including many here on SR, keep saying he's not a good passer, and my question is, how does anyone know? I know it's a small sample size, but when he's been asked to throw, he's made some really good ones. That pass to Kamara vs the Eagles that was called back for holding was a thing of beauty. He's my choice for successor to Drew, and it's gonna be a blast to watch him play a full game under center.

So many people, including many here on SR, keep saying he's not a good passer, and my question is, how does anyone know? I know it's a small sample size, but when he's been asked to throw, he's made some really good ones. That pass to Kamara vs the Eagles that was called back for holding was a thing of beauty. He's my choice for successor to Drew, and it's gonna be a blast to watch him play a full game under center.

Because the Saints keep signing ACTUAL quarterbacks to backup Drew Brees.

I don’t know if anyone is saying he’s not good. I think it’s more we don’t know. He’s only thrown 13 passes as Saint. He’s looked pretty good in the preseason playing in the 4th quarter. He was not a great passer in college. 43 tds and 31 INTs. If he goes from that to being a great pro passer it’ll have to be one of the best turnarounds in NFL history. I would like to see him under center a little more before naming him our starter. I would’ve liked to wait until after this season before giving him the 16mil for next year. Be prepared for the Kamara holdout. We paid MT early. We paid Taysom early. AK is coming for his money soon.

I don’t know if anyone is saying he’s not good. I think it’s more we don’t know. He’s only thrown 13 passes as Saint. He’s looked pretty good in the preseason playing in the 4th quarter. He was not a great passer in college. 43 tds and 31 INTs. If he goes from that to being a great pro passer it’ll have to be one of the best turnarounds in NFL history. I would like to see him under center a little more before naming him our starter. I would’ve liked to wait until after this season before giving him the 16mil for next year. Be prepared for the Kamara holdout. We paid MT early. We paid Taysom early. AK is coming for his money soon.

I just find it hard to believe he is being considered a starting quarterback in this offense and is going to come behind one of the better quarterbacks to ever play the game in an offense that had a receiver catch over 140 passes and averages 90+ catches a year and running back that averages 70 catches a year and has ranked in the top 5 in offense for over a decade....Taysom Hill is supposed to step in and this offense is not going to skip a beat?

J. Winston is a proven passer has distributed the ball to two of the top receivers in the game on Evans and Godin and has a 5000 yard passing year under his belt.

I think Taysom is being paid and rewarded for his overall game and the package he plays in this offense but a guy(s) like Bridgewater and Winston will always be head and shoulders above him when it comes to playing NFL quarterback

I just find it hard to believe he is being considered a starting quarterback in this offense and is going to come behind one of the better quarterbacks to ever play the game in an offense that had a receiver catch over 140 passes and averages 90+ catches a year and running back that averages 70 catches a year and has ranked in the top 5 in offense for over a decade....Taysom Hill is supposed to step in and this offense is not going to skip a beat?

J. Winston is a proven passer has distributed the ball to two of the top receivers in the game on Evans and Godin and has a 5000 yard passing year under his belt.

I think Taysom is being paid and rewarded for his overall game and the package he plays in this offense but a guy(s) like Bridgewater and Winston will always be head and shoulders above him when it comes to playing NFL quarterback

I don’t know if you watched his media availability or not but he said they’re going to be reducing his role. He’s probably not going to be playing special teams. He’s going to focus on quarterback and work into the offense more. It sure sounds like they’re setting him up to start next year. I’m hoping if Drew does retire, Jameis gets signed up for another year so we aren’t putting all of our eggs in an unknown basket.

I don’t know if you watched his media availability or not but he said they’re going to be reducing his role. He’s probably not going to be playing special teams. He’s going to focus on quarterback and work into the offense more. It sure sounds like they’re setting him up to start next year. I’m hoping if Drew does retire, Jameis gets signed up for another year so we aren’t putting all of our eggs in an unknown basket.

And then we will see if he can handle the full playbook and if this offense skips a beat. The biggest question everyone has is outside of the hype is Taysom able to lead these men with his ARM and not his feet, because running around is not going to produce a very productive offense nor is it going to sit well with positional talent like Thomas, Saunders, Cooks, Kamara, TQS, Harris, Murray and now Trautman.

I'm not saying he is not the guy but I feel like the fact we keep getting blessed with capable heir apparent a in Bridgewater and Winston that we can mortgage these opportunities because we want to see if Taysom can be what we know Brees, Bridgewater and Winston already are

Last edited:
And then we will see if he can handle the full playbook and if his offense skips a beat. The biggest question everyone has if outside of the hype is Taysom able to lead these men with his ARM and not his feet, running around is not going to produce a very productive offense nor is it going to sit well with positional talent like Thomas, Saunders, Cooks, Kamara.

I'm not saying he is not the guy but I feel like the fact we keep getting blessed with capable heir apparent a in Bridgewater and Winston that we can mortgage these opportunities because we want to see if Taysom can be what we know Brees, Bridgewater and Winston already are

I would take the upside of Taysom or Winston over Teddy.

And then we will see if he can handle the full playbook and if this offense skips a beat. The biggest question everyone has is outside of the hype is Taysom able to lead these men with his ARM and not his feet, because running around is not going to produce a very productive offense nor is it going to sit well with positional talent like Thomas, Saunders, Cooks, Kamara, TQS, Harris, Murray and now Trautman.

If the standard for the next QB is that the offense not skip a beat, I think we’re gonna be disappointed. The offense was not the same last year when Teddy was QB, and I don’t expect Winston to run it like Drew. Taysom is an enigma because he just hasn’t had the reps. I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s a near 100% certainty the offense takes a step back no matter who takes over, but I hope I’m wrong.

I would take the upside of Taysom or Winston over Teddy.

Love Taysom. Great player. But he is 30 and only has 119 yards throwing for his career.

Only eight (8) QBs have thrown for over 5,000 yards in a season. JW is 26 years old and just got corrective eye surgery after a season where he threw for more than 5K.

As it relates to being a pure passer, there is more upside with JW than Taysom. The most recent sample size says as much.

It seems a lot of people are tripping themselves up with this logically flawed belief:

Hill hasn't proven he can be productive as a full time QB, therefore that proves that Hill can't be productive as a full time QB.​
Anyone who has convinced themselves that Hill has proven either that he can be a productive QB or that he cannot be a productive QB is jumping to conclusions that anyone outside the Saints organization has no way of actually knowing. They are operating from belief, not actual knowledge.

Best use of 30 minutes that I've spent recently. Taysom is my favorite Saint...his athleticism and attitude is second to none. He has the uncanny ability to fire up the team with his plays and obviously has the respect of teammates and coaching staff. One of the things I really enjoyed watching the highlights was the enthusiasm that Michael Thomas had on so many to Taysom's big plays.

Best use of 30 minutes that I've spent recently. Taysom is my favorite Saint...his athleticism and attitude is second to none. He has the uncanny ability to fire up the team with his plays and obviously has the respect of teammates and coaching staff. One of the things I really enjoyed watching the highlights was the enthusiasm that Michael Thomas had on so many to Taysom's big plays.
I may not know how he will pan out as a full time QB, but one thing I'm certain about is that the team will rally around him, just like they rallied for Teddy. I got jumped on in another thread for saying I want Taysom to be our next QB, but that's who I want to take over when Drew retires, provided he has the talent and wins the job.

If the standard for the next QB is that the offense not skip a beat, I think we’re gonna be disappointed. The offense was not the same last year when Teddy was QB, and I don’t expect Winston to run it like Drew. Taysom is an enigma because he just hasn’t had the reps. I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s a near 100% certainty the offense takes a step back no matter who takes over, but I hope I’m wrong.

Winston threw for over 5000 yards last season and you think this offense would skip a beat with his talent under center. The lack of a deep threat is what's holding this offense from being what it typically has been over the years, with no Devery Henderson or Robert Meachem to take the top off the defense we haven't taken to many deep shots down field and that's before Brees got injured so we can't out that on Bridgewater either but we j his time under center the team went 5-0 and beat done tough teams on the road.

Winston threw for over 5000 yards last season and you think this offense would skip a beat with his talent under center. The lack of a deep threat is what's holding this offense from being what it typically has been over the years, with no Devery Henderson or Robert Meachem to take the top off the defense we haven't taken to many deep shots down field and that's before Brees got injured so we can't out that on Bridgewater either but we j his time under center the team went 5-0 and beat done tough teams on the road.
Yes, his 30 ints and 60% completion percentage suggest to me that the offense would "skip a beat." Can he improve in those areas? Of course he can. But to say the offense wouldn't skip a beat with Winston running it implies that he can do it just as well as Drew, and I certainly don't share that belief. If he gets the chance, I hope I'm wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom