Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

tenor.gif

I like Taysom Hill but he is not an intragal part of this team, he is a piece forced to be used because his salary dictates so, he's not the best QB on the roster, not a real TE or RB but makes some impact plays during the season mainly because of a lack of playmakers in the past, well this team is more talented now and his snaps are going to decrease because I cannot see players like K. Miller, Williams and Kamara losing snaps at RB to him and Johnson, Moreau will probably be getting the most snaps in 1-2 TE sets and Carr, Winston and Heaner we are pretty set at QB.

I like Taysom Hill but he is not an intragal part of this team, he is a piece forced to be used because his salary dictates so, he's not the best QB on the roster, not a real TE or RB but makes some impact plays during the season mainly because of a lack of playmakers in the past, well this team is more talented now and his snaps are going to decrease because I cannot see players like K. Miller, Williams and Kamara losing snaps at RB to him and Johnson, Moreau will probably be getting the most snaps in 1-2 TE sets and Carr, Winston and Heaner we are pretty set at QB.
I agree with almost all of that. And yet when he is in the game, he is a dominant player. Teams have to spend time game planning for him. Just because we are more talented now, it does not mean he is not going to be a very valuable piece. That is if Pete uses him right.

No, not at all. His restructured contract (3/4/2023) would make that exceedingly difficult. Huge cap hit. Not impossible 'cause Loomis, but difficult to the point where it isn't worth pursuing.

Cap hit the same as if we cut him next season. Since it is after June 1, the cap hit is deferred. Given his age and remaining contract, they may consider trading him for the right offer. However, Payton is likely the only one who would "overpay."

I could see it. I hope not.

I think of it this way: he's effectively valuable RB depth in a year in which the RB1 may be unavailable for much of the year. Not to mention other contributions. But his RB role alone would be enough to keep him on the team I think.

I agree with almost all of that. And yet when he is in the game, he is a dominant player. Teams have to spend time game planning for him. Just because we are more talented now, it does not mean he is not going to be a very valuable piece. That is if Pete uses him right.
He is not a dominant player, he is an effective player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom