Taysom in hiding (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Saints already know Taysom is their transition or possible heir after Drew. And in limiting his playing time they are limiting the excessive offers to lure him away in February. I think this is why Teddy got the nod over Taysom even though he was outplayed in the preseason. (Yes, this contradicts a previous opinion and I realize they can’t play the number 2 much for fear of injury.)

Hill is a restricted free agent next year which means Loomis can match any deal he is offered by another team. If they offer more than Loomis will match then we get either a 1st or 2nd round pick depending on which tag was used.

I can see why you’d think that, but I doubt that is what is happening. Taysom will be a great starting QB at some point.

I tried to get Coach Pete to get some Insider info on how the Saints were going to use Taysom against the Bears. He got nothing specific except that the Saints coaching staff is making all moves to be in contention for when Brees returns. Basically, the coaches are not planning anything risky right now. To me, it sounded like basic bs. But if accurate, sounds like they will protect Taysom as the legit #2 QB. One thing Coach Pete mentioned is that Kamara is the backup QB to Taysom and we all know AK is out.

giphy.gif

Teddy Bridgewater deserves much more from this fan base. He’s held down the fort and helped us reach 5-1 and we still have these threads. Taysom is exactly what we see. He’s an athlete that can play QB in a pinch. He’s a gadget QB and that’s it. A remarkable athlete that SP is able to utilize to his full abilities. With any other team, we would never have even heard of Hill.

Welp...5-1 and this is what I read the day before the Bears game. :covri:

I was thinking this would be about keeping Hill under wraps so that he would be the Swiss Army knife of the offense tomorrow. Not because of keeping him off other teams' radar for a future run at starting qb. Makes absolutely no sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom