Taysom in hiding (1 Viewer)

Outside of Jerry Jones, few owners actually choose their team's players. You know that, right? GM job.

Still looking for the logic. :shrug:
That's why I'm saying it will be an excessive offer.....it won't be backed by logic. I'm guessing the Saints will try to quietly sign Taysom before too many come sniffing around. But I guess his agent will encourage him to entertain an offer or two.

Outside of Jerry Jones, owners don't actually choose their team's players. You know that, right? GM job.

Still looking for the logic. Still seeing wishful thinking. :shrug:
You don't think a GM would go to the owner and say hey I think we should make a play for Taysom? If the Saints don't sign him first, I promise you there will be some juicy offers, more than is logical.

That's why I'm saying it will be an excessive offer.....it won't be backed by logic. I'm guessing the Saints will try to quietly sign Taysom before too many come sniffing around. But I guess his agent will encourage him to entertain an offer or two.
YOUR logic. Not theirs. Do you know many owners? If they do this thing in a non-logical fashion, these silly billionaires who do things without logic and like to overturn their coaches and GMs, how do YOU come about your train of thought if not logic?

I still maintain, especially after seeing your OP, that you are simply basing this on wishful thinking to validate your opinion of Taysom.

If there is something else there show us.
You don't think a GM would go to the owner and say hey I think we should make a play for Taysom? If the Saints don't sign him first, I promise you there will be some juicy offers, more than is logical.
No, I don't. Not in a situation like this. Not important enough. And your promises don't mean much, honestly, unless you can back them up with just a smidgen of critical thinking.

I think there is some serious overestimating of what a team would offer TH as an RFA, given how little film there is of him playing the role of 'traditional' pro QB. He's an RFA and the only question is what round tender he gets offered.

There is only 3 RFA tags. 1st round, 2nd round, and original draft round. Being that Hill was undrafted, if Loomis uses option 3 then he only gets the chance to match the offer.

I think Loomis should use at least a 2nd round tender and if a team wants to offer more than Loomis thinks he is worth then he at least recoups a 2nd round pick next year.

YOUR logic. Not theirs. Do you know many owners? If they do this thing in a non-logical fashion, these silly billionaires who do things without logic and like to overturn their coaches and GMs, how do YOU come about your train of thought if not logic?

I still maintain, especially after seeing your OP, that you are simply basing this on wishful thinking to validate your opinion of Taysom.

If there is something else there show us.

No, I don't. Not in a situation like this. Not important enough. And your promises don't mean much, honestly, unless you can back them up with just a smidgen of critical thinking.
The main reason a GM will make an excessive offer for Taysom is because he's a proven spark plug as a joker/wildcatter with potential as a QB. Like I said, if possible the Saints will probably try to sign him before the limos pull up to Taysom's house, but any offers are more than likely to raise a few eyebrows.

The main reason a GM will make an excessive offer for Taysom is because he's a proven spark plug as a joker/wildcatter with potential as a QB. Like I said, if possible the Saints will probably try to sign him before the limos pull up to Taysom's house, but any offers are more than likely to raise a few eyebrows.

I could see this. He's the type of player that some GM or coach could fall in love with and pay more than the Saints are willing to or can responsibly pay knowing the upcoming big contracts they'll have to give out in the next couple of years. I'd be stunned if he gets any sort of looks at starting QB, but it's not unrealistic to think some team will offer him 4-5 million per year as a gadget guy (but perhaps who gets more touches than he does now) and a QB project. He's a good football player and he's fun as hell to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom