Taysom in hiding (1 Viewer)

I don't know if that is the plan, but I do think Taysom is going to be signed along with Drew next year, Teddy will get starting money and we can't afford that

The Saints already know Taysom is their transition or possible heir after Drew. And in limiting his playing time they are limiting the excessive offers to lure him away in February. I think this is why Teddy got the nod over Taysom even though he was outplayed in the preseason. (Yes, this contradicts a previous opinion and I realize they can’t play the number 2 much for fear of injury.)
Neither is the heir, though one or both may get a few starts after he retires until we find a more suitable QB who can run our whole playbook.

I like the theory, and I can tell you one thing, if Taysom gets an offer and goes to another team plays lights out fans will feel like WTH!! .Also props to Teddy, not to throw shade but can you imagine if this team had those horrid defenses of the not too distant past? I care not to so I like the angle of Taysom being hidden in the depth chart, and am hoping that is the real deal!

I think we can all agree that "Taysom in Hiding" would make a great movie title.
He would have to hide in Switzerland for obvious reasons.
Who would play him in the movie?

Can Tim Tebow act?

Tebow.jpg
I'm pretty sure someone can teach him to act.
But how to perform an NFL throwing motion would be what stands in the way of him getting that gig.

? drop....

THE TAYSOM TRANSITION TIMELINE (I posted this in another thread, but it answers your question)

Payton Quotes & FACTUAL DATA:
- Payton telling Aikman IN-PERSON @ Saints Facility during 2018 season before a big game that he and Buck were calling that Drew’s Replacemant “Is In The Building” Aikman is on record as being shocked by Payton’s statement.(Teddy was NOT on team folks)
- Payton wanting to carefully groom Brees replacement(Taysom 2021 or 2022 timeline fits)
- Payton having multiple media quotes that “He Sees Taysom as a QB” a la VISION for Tayson is as a QB.
- Payton quoted as stating that “Taysom Hill IS STEVE YOUNG!” (Everyone knows Young took over for a Legend in Joe Montana!) Payton would not be quoted as a fool folks. Payton saying this is basically his version of “I know something yall don’t, so watch and see who’s right!”
- Steve Young personally stating that “he is no Taysom Hill” basically corroborating the Taysom Starting QB eventual scenario PLUS he knows Taysom & talks with Taysom cause they are both BYU Alumni folks!
- Teddy’s Reps stating that Teddy came back for a chance to learn under Brees & Payton & WAIT ON THE RIGHT STARTING QB OPENING(not Miami dumpster fire ?)
- Teddy’s 2020 $20+ Mil Price Tag requiring Saints to choose between Brees OR Teddy (easy guess duhhh Brees folks)
- Brees stating that he has no plans to retire; taking it Year to Year
- Brees looking like a caged animal on sideline while injured ? shows he has fire ? to play at least NEXT season 2020.(Teddy dowsn’t fit Cap wise in this scenario)
- Taysom a RFA in 2020 & VERY SIGNABLE
- Taysom has a brand new home under construction as reported by another user - this certainly supports a long term goal mindset for Taysom
- Teddy’s persona is that of a caretaker 100% Team Guy that leaves little clues in video interviews that he INTENDS TO BE A STARTER IN 2020(watch the Deion Sanders NFL Network Interview)

Believe what yall want, but I will bet $1,000 Taysom Hill is Payton’s Transition QB. In the words of Payton, “I’ve seen enough.”

It's one thing to say Taysom stays and Teddy goes. Especially if Brees stays. I would say almost 0% chance Teddy and Brees are both here next year. If Brees goes they still have to sign Teddy against other teams.

It's a completely different thing that the OP is saying.

The Saints already know Taysom is their transition or possible heir after Drew. And in limiting his playing time they are limiting the excessive offers to lure him away in February. I think this is why Teddy got the nod over Taysom even though he was outplayed in the preseason. (Yes, this contradicts a previous opinion and I realize they can’t play the number 2 much for fear of injury.)

Taysom Hil, has (through no fault of his own) has become the "Gerry Cooney" of a new generation of saints fans. The future QB for the saints is not in the building. Teddy (26yr) nor Taysom (29yr) will be our future qb. Joe Burrow, is a better fit for Sean's offense and is more of a pure passer than Taysom or Teddy right now. Taysom is not close to being ready to run Seans offense, and Teddy is a very good starting Qb in the nfl. But, he is a much better fit on other teams.

People say Taysom will never be a starting quarterback which is ridiculous. Someone will give him a shot. He’s improved his passing game.
Taysom Hil, has (through no fault of his own) has become the "Gerry Cooney" of a new generation of saints fans. The future QB for the saints is not in the building. Teddy (26yr) nor Taysom (29yr) will be our future qb. Joe Burrow, is a better fit for Sean's offense and is more of a pure passer than Taysom or Teddy right now. Taysom is not close to being ready to run Seans offense, and Teddy is a very good starting Qb in the nfl. But, he is a much better fit on other teams.

Last edited:
How do you propose we get Burrow in the building? Think about that.

If he is as good and pro ready as many of us think he is, then he is going very early in the draft. If the Saints are as good as they appear then chances are that we'll draft in the 30s, maybe even 32. It takes a ton of draft ammunition to move from 30s to top ten. We just don't have that kind of capital.

If you have a realistic plan for the Saints to move up that far to get him, then please share.

The only knock on Taysom coming out of college was injury history which was pretty sever. If you go back and look at the press he was tearing it up at BYU. If he didn't lose basically every collegiate season due to injury then he could easily have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He is a legit QB talent.

Teddy is doing exactly what Sean Payton wants.....he cut loose against the Bucs. He’s still growing as a QB. I’m 100% behind Teddy until Drew comes back. The man had a DEVASTATING KNEE injury and hadn’t Been a starter until now. Do I think Teddy is the future ? Right now he’s our future until Drew comes back.

So let’s stand behind him. This is a strong team and they all heave each other’s back. Let’s have Teddy’s back !!! Who Dat !!!

The only knock on Taysom coming out of college was injury history which was pretty sever. If you go back and look at the press he was tearing it up at BYU. If he didn't lose basically every collegiate season due to injury then he could easily have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He is a legit QB talent.

Not true at all. He was viewed as a guy who didn't have the instincts to play QB in the NFL, as he was a one-read then bail out and run type player (and mostly still is). His injuries have nothing to do with that.

Not true at all. He was viewed as a guy who didn't have the instincts to play QB in the NFL, as he was a one-read then bail out and run type player (and mostly still is). His injuries have nothing to do with that.
You just basically described 99% of every college QB. It's not just the ability to sling it or succeed in a pro style offense its the entire package (IQ, athleticism, plus some intangibles like maturity) that makes only a few transition to the pros. If Hill was put in a position to play QB (and not wildcat, STr ) then he'd be every bit as dynamic as Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kyle Allen etc. You are mighty quick to disregard a modern QB's ablity to make plays outside the pocket when the majority of NFL QB's read and run today. There are more of the Hill type QBs' playing today then the pocket statues.

So we're clear, the theory is that Payton knows Hill gives the team the best chance at winning but is choosing not to use him? That's what we're going with? For real?

Yeah, it’s ridiculous. I’m all for believing that Taysom Hill can grow into our next long-term starter/Brees replacement. There’s nothing wrong with that.

But the idea that Payton knows that Hill is our best quarterback right now but is rolling the dice on a worse player (risking a championship season while he’s at it) just so that we can save a little bit of money in restricted free agency (when spending money to get what we want hasn’t been an issue in the past) is insane.

There’s just no way. You can be a big believer in Taysom Hill’s abilities without making this kind of stuff up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom