Taysom likely to have surgery (Unconfirmed, no link provided) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Surgery? Pfffffffffffft.

71Q-OaJPpML._AC_SL1074_.jpg

Why are we not going with Book the rest of the way? What do we have to lose?
If Book isn't ready we could ruin a good QB for the future.
Our Oline doesn't protect, our WR can't get separation. If Book goes out and gets repeatedly hit in the mouth while praying for someone to get open his confidence can be damaged to the point where he'll never recover.
Maybe start grooming him now to be in a good spot to start the last game of the season and plan to pull him at halftime just to see what we got. But don't throw him to the wolves so he can be another wasted pick.

He's probably gonna play through it. It fits the Taysom mythology perfectly. If he's successful, that's Taysom. If not, he was hurt so it's not his fault.
Taysom's a gladiator. He was really born in the wrong century. He'll play hurt just because he loves the game. It doesn't mean he's a good QB. But his enthusiasm is a joy to watch.

He’s playing through the finger issue… Yes, it is the same as the injury Russell Wilson had, but Wilson had more issues on top of it.

Taysom time rolls on… get on board or jump ship.. I really don’t care. I’m just sick of the constant threads ripping on Taysom the QB.
Talk about being defensive. This thread was in no way "ripping" anyone. The OP was just posting something he had apparently read on Taysom's injury, although many of us have heard differently.

Taysom's a gladiator. He was really born in the wrong century. He'll play hurt just because he loves the game. It doesn't mean he's a good QB. But his enthusiasm is a joy to watch.
I don't disagree with this but other guys' play hurt as well. AK went a whole year banged up while the board turned on him. As much as Armstead is hurt, I've heard several people talk about him playing through several injuries for Drew's sake. MT probably would have been better shutting it down after he got injured in the first game last year but he didn't because everyone wanted to try their best for Drew. I'm not knocking him but the idea that he does things that other guys will not or have is just not true.

Our Oline doesn't protect, our WR can't get separation. If Book goes out and gets repeatedly hit in the mouth while praying for someone to get open his confidence can be damaged to the point where he'll never recover.
Maybe start grooming him now to be in a good spot to start the last game of the season and plan to pull him at halftime just to see what we got. But don't throw him to the wolves so he can be another wasted pick.
SO heads up....anyone we draft in 2022, expect them to see the field and hopefully contribute in 2023. That's the ugly truth about the situation we're in.

Didn’t Phillip Rivers finish a game with a torn ACL? I know Ronnie Lott just had the messed up part of his fiber cut off. Now Taysom’s legend will grow if we can net a few wins with him playing quarterback with a busted up hand.

Good on him. Good on Taysom!

He’s playing through the finger issue… Yes, it is the same as the injury Russell Wilson had, but Wilson had more issues on top of it.

Taysom time rolls on… get on board or jump ship.. I really don’t care. I’m just sick of the constant threads ripping on Taysom the QB.
It's not that they don't like Hill, they don't but that's not really the problem. The problem is that many (most?) aren't even Saint's fans. They're only here because they're Jamies fanboys and they couldn't care less about the sucess or failure of the team except in as far as it reflects glory on JW.
I like Winston and hope he comes back and goes off for us. But if somebody clearly better comes along I'll wish Winston well and move on.

I'm a Saints fan.

It's probably because Taysom dictates the coverages defense can play but we were killing them with the crossing routes. We missed Trequan on a few. Taysom just need to get the ball out faster. Callaway shook Diggs out his shoes on the second interception of the game. I am not sure how the finger will effect Hill's throws. All of his throws were coming in low. I said in another thread that the Jets game would probably be the best game to ease Book into. Rely on the defense to contain the Jets offense and give Book some easy throws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom