Taysom - origins of the beast (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Taysom is one of a kind. The numbers show he needs to be used more than just 3rd and short. So now they are using him more on 1st downs. This creates a huge challenge for the QB1 dynamics. Dalton seems to be handling it well (doubtful Jameis liked it). But what about next year? I think it's more likely they acquire a younger QB to make it easier to get Taysom snaps. They brought the beast to life -- now they have to use him, or trade him.

Unpopular opinion. If we can get anything for Taysom we should trade him.
I would hate to see that, but if it happens, I hope the team gets better return than they did with CJGJ.

Taysom is one of a kind. The numbers show he needs to be used more than just 3rd and short. So now they are using him more on 1st downs. This creates a huge challenge for the QB1 dynamics. Dalton seems to be handling it well (doubtful Jameis liked it). But what about next year? I think it's more likely they acquire a younger QB to make it easier to get Taysom snaps. They brought the beast to life -- now they have to use him, or trade him.
xzTbLTi6AtRKGf3HA
Hello Darkness my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Another Madake Taysom thread came creeping
And left the forum readers weeping...

I would hate to see that, but if it happens, I hope the team gets better return than they did with CJGJ.
We wont, his contract wont allow it. However, he will be 33 next season and we have so much dead cap to eat and we are so over the cap that we will have to make some tough choices. Taysom is a luxury we can not afford. We have to focus on retaining young talent while resetting our cap.

I love Taysom, one of my favorite players on the team but it is the position we find ourselves.

We wont, his contract wont allow it. However, he will be 33 next season and we have so much dead cap to eat and we are so over the cap that we will have to make some tough choices. Taysom is a luxury we can not afford. We have to focus on retaining young talent while resetting our cap.

I love Taysom, one of my favorite players on the team but it is the position we find ourselves.
this exactly, but hope we're able to keep him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom