Taysom out per K. Terrell (1 Viewer)

I'll never understand how you can play a guy after the injury occurs in one game, and then sit him for the next. And, to top it off, it's a playoff game.. so you can't say you're "saving him for this and that team" .
It happened with Drew also. He threw a TD pass against SF with 11 broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Swelling occurs after the fact and more tests can be run after the game to determine the extent of the injury. If you remember Taysom in the second half he was missing his usual burst. There was 1 play where he did an end around jet sweep down by the goal line where a healthy Taysom would’ve gotten in the end zone.

No point in saving either player for next week if you don’t win today so I honestly don’t get it at all. If you’re questionable you should play.

Honestly not a big loss today at all. Would be a big loss against GB if he wasn’t able to go.
Not a big loss at all? The loss of Hill limits what Tampa has to be concerned with from a defensive scheme. Even if it is in an intermittent way, when he is in the game, he is a concern and opens up other player’s potential. You are only looking at him from what he specifically can actually do when he has the ball!

No point in saving either player for next week if you don’t win today so I honestly don’t get it at all. If you’re questionable you should play.
Cmon. They were never going to play. Listing them at questionable was Payton playing mind games with the Bucs to make them think they were going to play. So they would spend practice time preparing for the Taysom package this week. If there was any way Taysom and/or Murray could play this week without risking further damage they would be in there.

What about when the Saints didn't have him. They've won plenty of games without Taysom Hill. Why do people think they can't win this one without him? The Bucs had to game plan for him. This should throw a wrench into their plans. Saints will win this game without him just like they always have. Saints don't have him for this game, get over it.

What about when the Saints didn't have him. They've won plenty of games without Taysom Hill. Why do people think they can't win this one without him? The Bucs had to game plan for him. This should throw a wrench into their plans. Saints will win this game without him just like they always have. Saints don't have him for this game, get over it.
Because he is part of our normal game plan over the last few years and if Murray cannot go, then we have other issues.

By the way, isn't this why we can't be 100% on board with him as our starting QB going forward? He's got that injury history from college and this dude just can't help going full tilt, which is why we love him but why an injury was inevitable like CMC's injury was with Panthers.
CMC was used so much, was the issue with his injury IMO. If anything, Hill’s injury was due to the way he plays every time he gets the ball, which is in a violent way.

The Saints have won and will win without him many times, just as they have without Drew, the past 2 years. They are 8-1 without Drew! So your point on Hill, holds true for ANY player. Even Michael Thomas. That said, let’s trade Thomas for some draft picks, Ok? 😎

And this is why I've been saying you can pencil in the #1 seeds to the Super Bowl, since they will be the healthiest teams heading into their respective championship games.

This lone bye change to the playoff format has heavily skewed the odds in that team's favor.

I think we will end up seeing roughly 3/4 of #1 seeds making the Super Bowls from now on. That's not good for the NFL.

Hopefully they go to 8 teams each conference really soon.

Jbob said he was done for the year so he still has a ways to go before being right. And I know we clearly were trying to hide this until game day but I think he had to practice some this week in order to pull that off, no?
He was limited Friday. It's possible the team knows he won't play next week if they win. He's critical to beating GB imo.

The poster you quoted is obviously salty, when it comes to Hill.
I'm not salty. I am just tired of hearing people whine about not having a particular player. Saints have their full compliment of WRs, Oline, DLine and secondary. When was the last time that happened in the playoffs? I prefer to look at the glass as half full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom