Taysom Should Start the Rest of the Way, but No More Excuses (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Even with a pretty bad performance yesterday outside of his rushing, Taysom Hill should start the rest of the way. It is time to put this thing to bed once and for all, whatever way it goes.

That means no more excuses. We should not go into next year with the idea that a hurt tip of the finger is the difference between good Taysom and him consistently throwing to WRs late and making really dumb decisions with the ball. Those are mental, not physical errors. His finger may have affected some throws, but it didn’t make him put the ball in Diggs’ gut twice.

To me, that’s the compromise. Let him start, see if he picks up the pace of his mental processing, and if he doesn’t, end this charade once and for all at QB. But under no circumstances should this continue into next year unless he unequivocally shows he’s an elite QB.

And as an aside. His injury woes are not an endorsement either. He got hurt last year when his snaps increased. He’s been hurt multiple times this year. At some point, that matters in the evaluation.

Even with a pretty bad performance yesterday outside of his rushing, Taysom Hill should start the rest of the way. It is time to put this thing to bed once and for all, whatever way it goes.

That means no more excuses. We should not go into next year with the idea that a hurt tip of the finger is the difference between good Taysom and him consistently throwing to WRs late and making really dumb decisions with the ball. Those are mental, not physical errors. His finger may have affected some throws, but it didn’t make him put the ball in Diggs’ gut twice.

To me, that’s the compromise. Let him start, see if he picks up the pace of his mental processing, and if he doesn’t, end this charade once and for all at QB. But under no circumstances should this continue into next year unless he unequivocally shows he’s an elite QB.

And as an aside. His injury woes are not an endorsement either. He got hurt last year when his snaps increased. He’s been hurt multiple times this year. At some point, that matters in the evaluation.
Taysom will start up until about week 16. We’ll see the rookie b4 the end of the year and he’ll win, then win again…and the excitement for 2022 will start.

I told you this was a 7-10 or 8-9 team after Jameis went down lol.

Expectations for this team should have been lowered the moment Drew retired

Solid points although I want to see Book get at least a little playing time if we keep losing even though I know it would be far from an ideal position for him.

Last edited:
Taysom will start up until about week 16. We’ll see the rookie b4 the end of the year and he’ll win, then win again…and the excitement for 2022 will start.

They were. But then we started the season winning games with a QB whom ww could see might just put it together for us.

But then he and everyone else got hurt and here we are.

Even with Winston I thought we were a .500 team. I agree the rookie will start. If Hills finger is broken it may be sooner than we expected. You could see the finger was really bothering him and some of the passes in the second half you could see were coming off his hand wobbly. No doubt Hill brings excitement to the game but we have to throw the ball. Book can run as well but is way more accurate than Hill so I think he will bring the same excitement. He isn’t a better run but can run and his leadership skills are on par as well.

probably 9-8

Pretty hard to evaluate any QB with as sheetty a supporting cast as we have right now.

Hill is not the future at QB for the same reason most running QBs aren't. He can't keep taking that punishment. One game and he's already battered. That's not counting the interceptions and near picks.

He's talented but you can't rely on him. He was the same in college. As he ages, that's not going to get better.

He definitely has flashes and his running ability is a big plus. I would still like to see him with a healthy offensive line and Alvin Kamara at least. Two of the interceptions were definitely on him and I’m not sure if the finger played a part. One of the interceptions was on Kenny stills and the other was on the offensive line where his arm got hit because he had about one second to throw it.

He definitely has flashes and his running ability is a big plus. I would still like to see him with a healthy offensive line and Alvin Kamara at least. Two of the interceptions were definitely on him and I’m not sure if the finger played a part. One of the interceptions was on Kenny stills and the other was on the offensive line where his arm got hit because he had about one second to throw it.
He threw the ball into triple coverage and Stills barely touched the ball. On both of them? Ok, I can buy that, but that was a dumb situational decision when you are in position to tie.

Solid points although I want to see Book get at least a little playing time if we keep losing even though I know it would be a far from an ideal position for him.

Understandable concerns putting a rookie out there with a depleted offensive unit, but if it’s managed properly, a series here and there to start out, it would get him valuable experience without the pressure of winning now. Depending on how he’s holding up, the workload could be expanded.

We don’t have a starting QB now, and playoff hopes have all but slipped away entirely, so taking a committee-like approach to the position could be the perfect way to begin getting Book acclimated, and gauging what they have in him heading into next year.

I’m less worried about Book’s mental toughness than I am his arm talent.

He threw the ball into triple coverage and Stills barely touched the ball. On both of them? Ok, I can buy that, but that was a dumb situational decision when you are in position to tie.

there was also the big sack he took that removed us from field goal range. Parsons was bearing down on him but i think that's a ball Drew or perhaps a better decision maker tries to throw away there.

Hill at one point had more rushing yds than Pollard and Zeke combined. Then the defense forgot what contain and tackling are...
The only thing left to play for is to avoid getting swept by the Clowns & Panthers. Hill gives us the best opportunity to win those so I'm on board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom