Taysom Should Start the Rest of the Way, but No More Excuses (1 Viewer)

My goodness, I would not bet 10 bucks that this team will win one more game, let alone 4????? I can't believe that people think that is even remotely possible. 1? mayyyyyybe. 4? lol
Yeah, 4 ain't happening even if Kamara and Ram come back healthy. We are nowhere near consistent enough to win 4 out of 5.

The only positive I can find with Taysom starting, which we knew all along, is that he can sustain drives with his legs. This gives the defense a chance to catch their breath, which is a pretty huge perk. In all reality, it's hard to believe we didn't lose by 50 points when you really think about it. We turned it over 4 times, as well as having a complete drive stolen from us. The defense played great, and that is thanks to not getting totally gassed like they would had we been going 3 and out repeatedly through the first 3 quarters.

Taysom is what he is, a subpar passer. He does bring an energy to him, but it's not with his arm, it's with his legs. If he could not turn over the ball like crazy, we'd have a chance with him. It's a problem that you can't overlook, though. For as many plays as he makes with his legs, he makes as many mistakes in the passing game. If he had the arm for the QB position, we win last night, but sadly he doesn't. I realize he had a hurt finger. I stick with my opinion, though. He is not a good passer. At this point, it doesn't hurt to let him keep playing and see if he can work out some of these issues, and like you said, prove once and for all what he is or isn't capable of.
Yeah it as 4 INTs and easily could have been more.

I think that's mostly because Siemian refuses to take chances which means he doesn't throw many interceptions, but he also doesn't move the offense because he throws the ball away too much and holds the ball too long. That would be fine if we have some playmakers on the field, but we don't right now. And, although Hill needs to stop turning the ball over, the offense did seem to move better with Hill on the field. Neither is a good option, but I do think Hill makes the offense move better and hopefully his decision making will get better with more playing time. Even if not, I think in this situation, his big plays are more important than how safe Siemian is.

In the end, I think the joker role and giving him plays as the Wildcat QB was the perfect position for Hill. He's just not a full time QB, but right now he still probably gives you the best chance to win a few games.
TS reminds me of Chad Pennington

From my point of view, as far as I'm concerned, Hill is best used in the joker role and a situational QB like he was before his concussion and with Jameis at QB. What I'd do at this point is put Seimian at starting QB the rest of the season and put Hill back in the joker role and if we can get Kamara and Ingram back, the offense should be adequate enough to score enough to win.

We can't give the ball away 4-5 times and expect to win.

That said, I wouldn't be mad if Hill continues to start, but he's got to have that splint fixed, because it was really affecting his passes.

I do think with Kamara and a healthy Hill, the game would have been different.

Fwiw, Hill needs to be more decisive and get the ball out quicker. Several of his incomplete passes and ints would have been big plays had he gotten the ball out a half a second quicker.

Ive seen enough Taysom Time already. He does not give this team the best shot at winning. Siemian had 9td 3 int with the same wrs.
Which is exactly why he should be starting. We aren’t a playoff team. We might as well assess Taysom to erase any doubt that he’s not our future. If we lose…oh well. Losing isn’t the worst thing in the world…we need draft resources for the rebuild. We have no cap resources…that’s the only way we improve the next few seasons while in salary cap hell

If we are going to suck regardless…it might as well be entertaining. I can’t watch another Siemian game.
I can if we utilize Hill in the joker role and get Kamara back. I think not having Hill in the offense hurt a lot more than people realize. Seimian with those playmakers would have better outcomes imo.

From my point of view, as far as I'm concerned, Hill is best used in the joker role and a situational QB like he was before his concussion and with Jameis at QB. What I'd do at this point is put Seimian at starting QB the rest of the season and put Hill back in the joker role and if we can get Kamara and Ingram back, the offense should be adequate enough to score enough to win.

We can't give the ball away 4-5 times and expect to win.

That said, I wouldn't be mad if Hill continues to start, but he's got to have that splint fixed, because it was really affecting his passes.

I do think with Kamara and a healthy Hill, the game would have been different.

Fwiw, Hill needs to be more decisive and get the ball out quicker. Several of his incomplete passes and ints would have been big plays had he gotten the ball out a half a second quicker.
I’m not watching another Siemian game. I’d rather watch re-runs or perform yard work.

Which is exactly why he should be starting. We aren’t a playoff team. We might as well assess Taysom to erase any doubt that he’s not our future. If we lose…oh well. Losing isn’t the worst thing in the world…we need draft resources for the rebuild. We have no cap resources…that’s the only way we improve the next few seasons while in salary cap hell
I think we know what we have in Taysom. If his finger is still jacked up, we need someone else throwing the ball.

I can if we utilize Hill in the joker role and get Kamara back. I think not having Hill in the offense hurt a lot more than people realize. Seimian with those playmakers would have better outcomes imo.
Siemian isn’t good. He’s just a step above a healthy Hill as a passer, but still not passable. His games are brutal to watch. I thought that first half Hill gave us a shot…never thought that with Siemian.

I’m not watching another Siemian game. I’d rather watch re-runs or perform yard work.
To each his own then. I just think we'll get the same Hill from putting him all over the field than just the QB position. Seimian at least protects the football. You can't win giving the ball away.

I think we know what we have in Taysom. If his finger is still jacked up, we need someone else throwing the ball.
Well…if he’s hurt then I can see your point. But I’m not going to be watching. The thought of spending $100+ on a live game is laughable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom