Taysom (1 Viewer)

Can we finally agree that he ain’t the future. He’s a flash in the pan and we’ve milked him for all he’s worth. Best case scenario, he’s got a few more splashes to show.

As many have already stated, Taysom has to be used differently in his "Joker" role. Teams have figured out his strengths and adapted. When he comes in to replace Drew at QB all eyes are on him because they feel there's a 90 percent chance he runs with the football. Sean Payton needs to let him throw the ball even if it's just a screen pass. You got to change it up because teams are expecting RPO when he comes in.

Taysom isn’t playing well AT ALL this season! He’s not getting open from what I can see, not making plays like we’re used to. Fumbled the game away last week and nearly did it once again. Sean Payton needs to sit him for a few weeks and let him get hungry again to make plays, seems he isn’t hungry.
I agree, he hasn’t played well at all. Definitely not up to his huge paycheck that’s for sure

Taysom is being featured in a much too predictable way when he gets his snaps at QB. It’s always the same play... He takes the snap, fakes to AK, and then runs it. Occasionally he will hand it to AK...

But defenses are just switching to to fully keying on Hill and AK in those sets, and attacking the ball right at the snap.

The best play Taysom ran last week was when he was in the shotgun, empty backfield... that makes it 11 v 11 football, where Taysom can make 1-2 quick reads and then take off if the pass isn’t there...

I think Sean is putting stuff on tape like he does every year.
Taysom plays will show the same looks later in the season but will be pass plays or trick/gadget plays.
I agree with this. There's no way Taysom just isn't playing well all of the sudden. Payton plays chess, he's setting up now to make his killing move later with Taysom. It's all a long game for Payton, I think.

Taysom isn’t playing well AT ALL this season! He’s not getting open from what I can see, not making plays like we’re used to. Fumbled the game away last week and nearly did it once again. Sean Payton needs to sit him for a few weeks and let him get hungry again to make plays, seems he isn’t hungry.

Completely disagree. I can't speak to his "hunger" levels but I do know you can't put a guy in for only two or three plays and expect magic to happen every time. Especially when the plays are so predictable like that stupid read-option called when he fumbled.

Can we just see this guy play for an entire quarter with the first-string? Then we can judge better imo.

Payton has too much invested in him not to give him a shot.

A shot at what? not QB, he runs options reads and short to intermediate routes as an H-Back...he's not an impact player, his early success came off the fact that Teams didn't know who or what he was when he came in the game.

Taysom Hill is the Miami Dolphins Wildcat offense that took the league by storm for 5 games until there was enough tape on it to know what to expect when they came out in it.

I wonder if some people set their expectations too high after the big contract.

I think he's the same player we've been watching. He had a couple bad snaps that jump out but overall I think he's been fine. I see him blocking, being an outlet and running hard.

With such limited snaps you have to patient with him. He'll have some big plays but remember he's doing it on a 3rd of the snaps as your starters.

Last edited:
A shot at what? not QB, he runs options reads and short to intermediate routes as an H-Back...he's not an impact player, his early success came off the fact that Teams didn't know who or what he was when he came in the game.

Taysom Hill is the Miami Dolphins Wildcat offense that took the league by storm for 5 games until there was enough tape on it to know what to expect when they came out in it.

I have no clue if he will be any good, but I think you are wrong to extrapolate his current role to him being a full time QB.

I do think we will find out next year.

Completely disagree. I can't speak to his "hunger" levels but I do know you can't put a guy in for only two or three plays and expect magic to happen every time. Especially when the plays are so predictable like that stupid read-option called when he fumbled.

Can we just see this guy play for an entire quarter with the first-string? Then we can judge better imo.
What are you talking about? He was making plays every time he stepped on the field before this season. If it was in special teams or QB he was making plays!

yes the plays he’s been running are predictable but he isn’t making smart decisions from what I can see. He won’t get an entire QB because he’s not our QB. He’s put in to make plays and he isn’t even close to doing what he used to. I’m a HUGE Taysom fan, but he just isn’t showing up AT ALL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom