Taysom (1 Viewer)

What are you talking about? He was making plays every time he stepped on the field before this season. If it was in special teams or QB he was making plays!

yes the plays he’s been running are predictable but he isn’t making smart decisions from what I can see. He won’t get an entire QB because he’s not our QB. He’s put in to make plays and he isn’t even close to doing what he used to. I’m a HUGE Taysom fan, but he just isn’t showing up AT ALL!

You said "this season". I know he's a playmaker! But he's barely gotten any opportunities this season, and those he have, were bad calls that were predictable.

Why would you put in a Taysom Hill just to hand the ball off to the running back? You don't. EVERYONE knows what will happen on those plays. They aren't fooling anyone.

They aren't turning the man loose. They were last season, but now that they've paid him a lot have decided he's too valuable to actually use him.

Taysom isn’t playing well AT ALL this season! He’s not getting open from what I can see, not making plays like we’re used to. Fumbled the game away last week and nearly did it once again. Sean Payton needs to sit him for a few weeks and let him get hungry again to make plays, seems he isn’t hungry.

I blame it all on his new baby!

;-)

We should run the wishbone when Taysom is in as QB.

Nope! He's a gadget guy. Sorry/not sorry, he's not a QB.

He played QB in college, he's a quarterback. Big fast guys who can run and throw are the "in" thing right now. That's why we need Taysom to take a more serious role in the offense.

Right now the Saints can't stretch the field, and the quarterback can't escape pressure much less scramble for yards. It's just too easy for defenses. Imagine what our record would be right now without a few Madden plays from Kamara. Plays we can't rely on happening week in and week out.

He played QB in college, he's a quarterback. Big fast guys who can run and throw are the "in" thing right now. That's why we need Taysom to take a more serious role in the offense.

Right now the Saints can't stretch the field, and the quarterback can't escape pressure much less scramble for yards. It's just too easy for defenses. Imagine what our record would be right now without a few Madden plays from Kamara. Plays we can't rely on happening week in and week out.

Taysom played QB in college, but not very well.

As a 5th year senior he only completed 59% of his passes for 193 yards per game, with only 12 tds and 11 interceptions. Not to mention 9 fumbles (losing 4).

He was a much better runner than passer.

I know how you feel about Brees, but I don’t think Taysom Hill has shown any evidence that he’s the decision making, handle pressure and evade in the pocket guy you are looking for.

You think that right now it’s “too easy” to play defense against us. That’s fine. But I don’t think it is a sure thing that Taysom Hill taking a “more serious role in the offense“ (as a QB) necessarily changes that.

Sure, it would be different. But it’s also likely that the results would be much worse.

Since we didn’t get to see him in the pre-season at all, I think I’m going to have to trust Sean Payton and what he sees in practice. Maybe as the season goes on, Taysom will continue to progress and receive more QB snaps? But I don’t get how one can reach the conclusion that “more Taysom at QB” is what we’ve been missing so far this season.

I have my doubts that he’s the future at QB- but the reality is that none of us know if he can play QB or not. When’s the last time anyone saw him lead even ONE complete drive taking every snap at QB? 2019 in the preseason? Dude gets put in for like 3 plays a game and it’s always the same play. Maybe 1/10th of his plays are designed pass plays.

there’s just not nearly enough data to make any kind of conclusion. Rhythm is a thing and comfort in a system is a thing. And you can bet IF Taysom takes over it will be an entirely new system tailored to him, something we’ve never seen from SP before. It’s fun to get on a message board and pile on the players who we determine to not be worthy of their money, playing time, effort, etc. but the truth is none of us have any idea at all.

edit to add I’m actually a TH doubter. Just also admit I don’t actually have a clue what his capabilities may be in the right system. Who knows?

No... I still think Taysom needs more touches, and has special traits that we don't take enough advantage of... On several occasions we have seen that he can be the best player on the field... and that he can absolutely make an opposing defense completely change/adjust just by his presence on the field...

The main issue I see with him right now is what Sean is doing with him... The play calling is super predictable (almost exclusively read-option with him keeping no matter what the box count or read dictates).... Having Drew in the game with Taysom at QB is pointless... It just gives the defense an extra defender, because no one has to defend Drew on the perimeter. Sean needs to use him on power runs off tackle from the QB position with Drew on the bench more... He also needs to give him a run pass option on nearly every play he runs from the QB position...

Right now the tendency is heavy run from the read option look - while allowing an extra defender in the box because Drew is in the game... It's the complete opposite of what we should be doing with him... It kills his versatility, and limits what makes him special (speed and power - with the threat of a pass).

You're not accounting for the effect on the defensive personnel of having both QB's in the huddle. When both are out there, the defense has to be prepared for the entire playbook. When Drew is on the bench, they know it'll be a run (or at worst, a simple 2 route pass play) and can substitute in the extra beef.

You're not accounting for the effect on the defensive personnel of having both QB's in the huddle. When both are out there, the defense has to be prepared for the entire playbook. When Drew is on the bench, they know it'll be a run (or at worst, a simple 2 route pass play) and can substitute in the extra beef.

Good point... I just think the extra defender that having Drew on the field creates - is more detrimental than any potential pre-snap defensive personnel tip off gives us an advantage. JMO... but give me one less defender in the box all day over the element of surprise.

Yeah, when both guys are in the huddle the defense really doesn’t know how to sub because it’s not clear who will actually be taking the snap.

Here’s irony for you: everyone saying defenses have been playing close to the line on Drew(they aren’t), keep ignoring that the QB defenses aren’t respecting is actually Taysom.

That’s on Sean. He’s got to find a way to let Taysom rip it, without screwing up the flow of the game. Hopefully, Coach figures it out, because TH is getting blown up lately.

I agree. It feels a lot like he's been used in swing for the fence situations that seem to cause our drives to sputter out. SP is getting in his own head and instead of just trying to stay on pace he's putting the hope for the bigger play ahead of the guaranteed money we need to sustain a drive. Once in a while he gets lucky and connects but more often than not lately we're striking out because he's being extremely predictable.

Speaking of predictable - the only other time I yell at the screen seems to be everytime I notice our FB that formation is either setting up a trick play for later or its highly predicatable, we always run it to the interior. I can't understand why we'd bring in a run package and move one of our blockers out of the play and we run it 3 or 4 times a game and it always seems to get totally stuffed.

I agree with this. There's no way Taysom just isn't playing well all of the sudden. Payton plays chess, he's setting up now to make his killing move later with Taysom. It's all a long game for Payton, I think.

Exactly. Payton puts exactly what he wants on film, and keeps arrows in his quiver for just the right time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom